Just Engaged and Proposals

Destination Wedding - on a budget, NOT on a beach

Hello!!
I just engaged a week ago but we are already thinking of a destination wedding. Our friends and family live all over the country and by the time they pay for flights, hotels, food etc. destination wedding will be cheapest for everyone!

My fiance is scottish and so he is dead set on wearing his kilt...which is fine by me but I do not want him in a kilt on the beach.
So here's my question: does know of an all inclusive resort in the Dominican/Mexico/Jamaica where we can get married? We are thinking stone walls. candles, intimate and romantic....

If anyone has any ideas I would LOVE to hear them!!! 
thank you! 

Re: Destination Wedding - on a budget, NOT on a beach

• I don't know of any inclusive resorts, but just wanted to give you a warning about Puerto Vallerta in Mexico. My friend and her fiance were going to have their wedding in Puerto Vallerta, since it's a beautiful area known for its beaches and resorts (you'll probably come across it at some point in your research). They tried calling around a couple of places to get different quotes, but apparently the resorts have an agreement not to outbid each other. One resort manager flat out told them that he knew they were trying to shop around for a cheaper place, because the first resort had already called him and given him their names! Beware!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards