Florida-West Coast

Clearwater Beach wedding during spring break....yay or nay?

HELP! I am from Wisconsin and trying to plan a beach wedding during spring break 2014. We like the idea of Clearwater Beach Florida for several different reasons but I'm nervous that this beach will be super crowded. I would like a little bit of privacy for our wedding ...you know, trying to avoid the random people creeping around and taking pictures. I have never been there, is anyone from the area that has seen how busy the beach is for spring break? Would you recommend a wedding there? I appreciate any help :D

Answers

• Clearwater Beach is beautiful but very very crowded during spring break. I have lived in Clearwater for over twenty years. Some of the hotels have areas on their private beaches for weddings, you would have more privacy with those venues.
  • Yes, it would be very crowded. I imagine you weren't wanting beer bongs pictured in your wedding photos..
  • I'm also from Wisconsin and planning a wedding on Clearwater Beach! We're getting married there this November. We visited Clearwater Beach in March of this year to check out wedding venues and the beach was busy, but it is a really wide beach so we didn't feel that it was super crowded. Since we visited in early March, perhaps it was a week or two before spring break started and we missed the crowds?

We're getting married at the Sandpearl, and they have somewhat of a private area of the beach they use for weddings. However, with the beach being a public space, I do expect we'll have a few people around taking pictures...an idea I didn't initially like, but there's so way to control that unless you go somewhere more secluded.

From my research, Sand Key (about a mile over a bridge from CB) is more quiet and secluded. There are a couple hotels there and there are also companies that help with planning destination weddings if you're looking for something like that.

Hope that helps! Love hearing other Wisconsin brides planning DWs in Florida. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I second Sand Key!! So beautiful and private!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards