Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Good Morning!

Morning ladies!  I'm in Pittsburgh, but getting ready to go back to Maryland for a few days before I come back up for the wedding:-)  I got a ton finished this weekend.  Picked up my dress (and it looks SOOO much better-thanks to Netta at Alfred Angelo), my mom, cousin (MOH), and I made all the chocolate covered pretzel favors, I put everything into boxes, and we made cookies.  I was completely exhausted last night, but felt like we accomplished a lot!
  I can't sleep, I think I'm finally starting to feel like, holy cow this is my wedding week!  I hope everyone had a good weekend, and Happy Monday!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Good Morning!

• Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahh Heather you're soo close!! Sounds like you are so organized and I'm sure everything will be perfect!

I got back yesterday from D.C. Stopped at my parents house to pick up our two kittens and wish them a happy father's day and anniversary, then took DF to his parent's house and stopped in to see his fam for a little bit too. Got home, did some work and unpacked. I have a 7:45am dermatologist appt and I feel silly for going. When I made the appointment my skin was being all gross, but its fine now but I didnt want to cancel the appt since it took me 3 months to get it! Oh well hopefully I still get something out of it. I have a trainer appointment tonight then more work..its gonna be a crazy week. Happy Monday everyone!
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning everyone!

H yay for the start of your WEDDING WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!! I'm so glad to hear that everything went well in Pittsburgh this weekend! :) Just relax this week and enjoy it! :) SO exciting!

Well I had a fantastic weekend at home too! Friday my dad and I drove back to Pittsburgh with my puppy and it was so nice! It was great not having the stress that comes along with a trip to the Philly airport! lol -- anyway we got home around 8:30 then I went to pick my mom up from the airport (she had buisness in Colorado the entire previous week) and we just relaxed.

Saturday I had a hair appointment which was great! My dad's company was running the Southside Summer Classic down in the southside so after my hair appointment my mom and I went down to SS ato help my dad run the event! It was SUPER fun! If you don't know what it is, a bunch of the bars down in SS set up a mini golf hole in the bar. People register in teams of 4 and go from bar to bar drinking and playing mini golf! It was a great time! After that, we had a brief meeting w/ my florist to discuss some changes and then we had dinner with my family at Nakama! Yum!

Yesterday I had my makeup trial which went fantastic! (see seperate thread) and then my bff came over for my grandmas homemade spaghetti! I had a great weekend with my family!! :)

This week is a  short one for me! FI and I are leaving wednesday night for Florida for 10 days! woohoo! Hope everyone has a great day!

Jamie - sounds like you had a good weekend! Don't feel weird about having an apt w/ no real issue present! I have to go to the derm. every 6 mo's to get a cancer screening b/c I've had issues w/ pre-cancerous spots. It's always good to go - esp if you have had issues in the past! :) GL!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Good Morning! My boss is back today, thank goodness. My co-worker is still annoying me, and she's not even here. She's not coming back until Friday, but my boss told me this morning she wanted to wait until next Monday to come back! WTF?! He's off Friday though, so he's making her come in. LaughingI had a nice weekend, despite all of the bug bites I got. We went out to lunch with friends on Sat., then went mini golfing (though it was really, really hot), then saw a movie. Well, we stopped at their place so they could let their dogs out, and friend neglected to tell me that her backyard is teeming with mosquitos. I was out there for under 5 min., and got 6 bites. Frown 4 other people were right beside me, and got nothing. I get welts where the bites are, then it swells up a lot. The itching has been driving me nuts, so much that it affected the quality of my sleep last night. Cortisone just isn't working... hopefully the itch will go away or I'll find something better!

H- Happy Wedding Week! Congrats on getting so much accomplished. And that is great news about your dress!! I know you were worried.

Jamie- Hope your derm. appt. was beneficial this morning.

G- I'm about to check out your other post now... that SS Classic sounds like a blast!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning Ladies,

Heather Lynne-- OH MY!!! I can't believe its wedding week!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!
    sounds like you are just about ready! Random question, do you freeze the cookies a week out, or just keep them in airtight containers?

My weekend was good, nothing exciting. On Friday, we had dinner/drinks with some friends at an "ok" peruvian restaurant. Saturday FI and I went to Petco to look at puppies (the adoption show) and to Target. Then we just had dinner, some drinks and watched Toy Story (I've never seen it, and I want to see the third one) Yesterday, we cleaned and did laundry, it was way, way too hot too leave the house!

GMC- your make-up looks awesome in that picture! Can you send me her pricing information?
    Jamie- Hope you had fun in DC! GL at your appointment.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jl sure! What is your email address?? You can PM me with it if you'd like or just post it here :)
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim - So glad your boss is back! Hopefully it wil be a little less crazy for you this week! Sorry to hear about the bug bites! Mosquitos are the worst! They serve no real purpose in this world! lol... are you allergic? Mabye benadryl would help?? Also what movie did you see??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks GMC! It is jlbaxter33 at gmail dot com

RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    Morning! I had a really great weekend. Friday DF and I just hung out. Saturday a family friend's graduation party. We had concert tickets, but decided last minute not to go because DF hurt his knee while helping a friend replace his roof. Instead we went to Target to do our second and smaller registry and we were so not impressed.

We had to register on these dinky computers that kept telling me that I already had an account with them when I didn't, and then we went to look at the bathroom stuff and sheet and comforters sets and there really wasn't much of a selection. Instead we are either going do a Macy's or a Kohl's registry. Yesterday I hung out with my dad and pap and we barbequed for father's day and it was really nice! Tonight I have another work event so I'll be home pretty late.

Have a great day ladies!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    Heather- SOO exciting! Yay!
    Jamie- GL with your dr. appt.
    Kim- glad your boss is back!
    G-It sounds like you had a really nice weekend! Yay for makeup trial!
    Jamie- Are you shopping around for a new puppy?
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jl - just sent it!!

Ros - Sorry the registry didn't go so well at Target! :( IMO, you can't go wrong with Macy's - they have everything and anything you might need! GL w/ your event tonight!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

G- We saw Prince of Persia. It was decent, but I didn't like a couple of things the happened towards the end. It was entertaining, but those are just not my type of movies. Oh, and while we were at the theater, we bought tickets for Eclipse! We are going the Sat. of July 4th weekend at 10 AM b/c 1) My parents are coming that afternoon and 2) The tickets were super cheap- only $6 each, vs. the $11 full-price we paid on Sat.

As for the bites, I don't know if I'm allergic or not. It's not like I can't breathe or get severe reactions, but it's definitely worse than most people's. My mom was like that when she was younger too, so maybe it's genetics?

Jl- Yay for looking at pups! So I take it you guys are serious about getting one?

ros- Sorry to hear your Target registry experience wasn't great. We got some great things from there, but didn't register for sheets or linens. I've heard good things about Kohl's, but you just have to be careful b/c I think their items come and go a lot.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We really, really want a puppy, but we need a "doctor's excuse" to have one in our building. Apparently, the excuse can be for anything, so when I go to my doctor for a yearly (unfortunately, not until Sept.) I wll ask her. Until then, we torture ourselves with looking at puppies at adoption shows. Someday we will get our puppy!

Also, tonight, my boss is dropping off his dog for another week! yay!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PS. I refer to all adorable dogs as puppies. :)
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kapst38kapst38 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim...I recently had about 8 mosquito bites on one leg from working out in the yard.  I asked the pharmacist for advice because I was ready to tear my leg off. 

Lanacane works well during the day because it has a numbing agent in it unlike many of the other creams.  At night she recommended Benadryl for Allergies...I got the generic and it worked just as well.  If you take the Benadryl, make sure it's when you're going to sleep or not going to drive or anything.
    ~Kim P.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning ladies!  I'm back in Chicago and had an appropriately scandalous weekend with the sunburn and bruises to prove it :)  Major thanks to my MOH and her aunt for hosting us for the weekend on the Vineyard!

HAPPY WEDDING WEEK to Heather and Kim!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jen- We need way more details than that! :)
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jl- That is strange that you need a doctor's excuse to have a pup, but you can watch your boss' without a problem.

kapst- Thanks for the rec, I will remember that! Thank goodness the itching has subsided some.

LaFemme- Glad you had fun in MV. I'm with Jamie- we want to hear the good stuff!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Jaime-I'm sure you are glad to be back from DC!  Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday!
    G-YAY for all the checks!  It sounds like your dad's event was a great time.  I love your make up trial picture-so pretty!

Kim-Glad your boss is back but that stinks about your coworker!  Sounds like a good weekend, besides the bug bites-some people are just prone to them (like me and you apparently!)  Hope they stop itching soon.  PS.  SOOOOO jealous about yoru Eclipse tickets-we have to wait till we get back from the HM to see it.
    J-A week out we are keepign them in tins.  However, anything we made before yesterday, we froze.  I usually keep Christmas cookies out for a week, so I'm sure they'll be fine:-)  DO you know what kind of dog you want?  Big or little?  I think we're looking to get a new dog soon-I miss having a pet!

Trish-that stinks about the registry-so frusterating.  We had an issue liek that at Macy's and I did the same thing you did-we walked out and went to BB&B and to Kohl's to do our registries.  Kohl's is very easy, and good for returns (just an FYI)

Jen-Glad you had an amazing weekend!  Give us the details-especially with that bit of info you teased us with:-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    Heather- I'm glad to hear that about Kohl's.. I don't know of anyone registering there. I love Macy's, but they can be a little pricy (although they do have great sales)

Jen- I want more details too! How'd you get the bruises? :-)
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LaFemme - I AGREE! MORE DETAILS PLEASE!! hehe :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kim- We didn't ask if we could dog sit, we just did. We figured it's only a week. :)

H- We'd want a small to medium size dog, maybe around 20-30 pounds. We live in an apartment, and are generally lazy people, so a big dog wouldn't really work for us. Also, I'm kind of allergic so the less it sheds the better!

RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, it was super fun- not even technically a bachelorette weekend since it was just my MOH hosting myself and our two other BFFs/ college roommates at her aunt's house on the Vineyard, but we decided to make it our last girls' night out and take advantage.  We wore matching hats that had our titles on them- "Bachelorette," "MOH," "Bridesmaid" that got us a lot of attention during the daytime. 

Lots of dancing and gossiping and drinking :)  We went to a nude beach, haha!  Went out at night and sang karaoke (which I NEVER do, chalk it up to bachelorette dares) and danced with a hundred fun guys.  There was a group of deaf young people out at the karaoke bar (did you know MV has the highest incidence of deaf births in the country?) who we befriended, and one of the girls in particular was sort of into me and kept grabbing my butt and kissed me at one point, hehe.  We had a total blast!  I might post some pictures in my bio once I get them all on the computer.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Omg! Sounds like an absolute blast! Nothing better than a fun weekend with your girlfriends!! So glad you had a great time! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds like a blast! Love the sheninagans! I am very impressed that you bared all at the nude beach! Good for you!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whoa, a nude beach!! You are gutsy! It took me a while to go topless on the beach in Spain. I don't think I could do nude... glad you had a blast!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards