Destination Weddings Discussions

Sandals Montego Bay

Has anyone had a wedding their? How was it? Price and food wise.Did anyone use the chapel that is on the property? Can it be done on a budget?

Re: Sandals Montego Bay

• I was married at Sandals Negril and I think all prices are pretty much the same throughout all Sandals (unless there has been a price change since Feb.)  Budget totally depends on the number of people that are coming to your wedding and whether you decide to have a "private" dinner reception.  You can pay from $45pp for a private dinner reception buffet style (which I had and the food was delicious...and yes, you have to pay for the food at an "all inclusive" resort for this option).  If you want an open bar conveniently placed near your reception area, that will also cost you an additional amount (I paid $12pp). 

That said, I had the free ceremony/reception decor with some add on's, 30 guests (incl me and my groom), the buffet dinner including dessert, wedding cake, bouquet of flowers, DJ, a fire pit with marshmallow roasting and steel drum band for 1 hour after our dinner.  And makeup for my two sisters and mother plus the works for me (mani/pedi included). Oh, and I used their photographer.  This came to just under $7,000.  

I actually saved money b/c a wedding back home would have included a LOT more guests aka more mouths to feed, lol!  You can definitely do something less expensive (esp if you have less people coming) like have dinner at one of the restaurants on site and party at the on site "club". (We partied after our reception/bon fire at the piano bar which would have a live DJ around 10pm on certain days of the week.  Everything coincided perfectly with the ending of our bonfire and the beginning of the afterparty, lol!)

For us, everything was worth it at Sandals.  They not only made our wedding day fantastic, but they made our entire stay there just amazing.  The staff was great at Negril and we definitely want to return!

If you have any other specific questions, feel free to ask!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am planning my wedding at the Beaches turks and Caicos in August. which is the same company as sandals. This is just family friendly. As mentioned above there is the $45 and then there is a $60. If you have more than 20 rooms which is what I am going to have the reception is included. You just pay for an additional hour of open bar. When you do the research make sure to look at the groups section. For about 60 people with reception, and extra hour of open bar a DJ etc it is costing us around 10,050. Which is three times less than having it at home! Also call the wedding hotline and they will email you all of the information. Happy planning!!
  • @crocam68 I wish I had 20 rooms booked!  My guests (except for two couples) all decided to stay at different resorts, boo! lol!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am using Montego Bay in december.  The price is really good.  There is a Chapel on the property!  You can even see it from the website.  My Mom and Stepdad have gone to Sandals Montego Bay 4 times before this next trip and love it.  The food is wonderful.  My aunt who is a travel agent that works directly with Sandals goes to Montego at least 7 times a year. So it is a really great resort to what I have heard.  We booked the 6 nights and got the free wedding package.  Check out the site.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you everyone for your input. Wishing each of you happy planning on your big day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards