January 2014 Weddings
Options

Invites?

Jan 25th Bride, so I am starting to browse invites now. I cannot seem to find any that I think are reasonably priced. I am wanting to save money by DIY-ing all the inserts and things, but would like to order the invites themselves so I can have a design on them. Does anyone know of any reasonable websites? Otherwise I might just print them myself on card stock, but am unsure how. I will have to google or something I guess. Thanks so much in advance for all your tips, ladies!

Happy Planning!

Re: Invites?

• Options
    Date Twin!

You can upload your own design at Vista Print...  

We have our text finalized (just emailed it out to the parents for final approval) and I know the design I want.  FI is going to replicate a design I found on Etsy to save us a ton of money.  

When are you sending your invites out?  We are aiming for Dec 2 (just under 7 weeks) to make sure we are after Thanksgiving and before the Christmas cards start building up.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    January 11th is our date! I've been looking at Vista Print and Mixbook as well. Mixbook has been great for designing things with lots of options. @AprilH81, what program are you using to create your design that you are uploading for Vistaprint?
  • Options
    dalt3 said:
    January 11th is our date! I've been looking at Vista Print and Mixbook as well. Mixbook has been great for designing things with lots of options. @AprilH81, what program are you using to create your design that you are uploading for Vistaprint?
    FI is in charge of that...  :)  He has a Mac and I think he is using a program like "Fireworks" or something that sounds similar.  I would think just about any program would work if you know how to manipulate it to do what you want.
  • Options
    We went to Party City and got some blank ones with a design on them already. It was $100 for 150 invites. (I got extra because I knew I would screw up a few). I still did the wording myself on Microsoft Word, but it looked like a professional.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the input, ladies!

@AprilH81- I am planning on sending mine out the first week of November and requesting them by New Years. I think it might get caught in the holiday cards, but am hoping my guests respond promptly. I figure that way, if I have to call a few straglers, it will be well before I need them due to the hall, so I can get my seating chart out of the way.

@Snoppycac- I was thinking about doing that also, but my coworker scared me into thinking it would take up a TON of ink on my printer, etc. Have you tried it out yet? I have no idea how they work, but I am definitely willing to DIY or google a tutorial or something. Because realistically, I'd like to do all of my inserts myself to save money as well and maybe just buy a kit for the actual invites or buy them online.

• Options
    krickly09 said:

@AprilH81- I am planning on sending mine out the first week of November and requesting them by New Years. I think it might get caught in the holiday cards, but am hoping my guests respond promptly. I figure that way, if I have to call a few straglers, it will be well before I need them due to the hall, so I can get my seating chart out of the way.

@Snoppycac- I was thinking about doing that also, but my coworker scared me into thinking it would take up a TON of ink on my printer, etc. Have you tried it out yet? I have no idea how they work, but I am definitely willing to DIY or google a tutorial or something. Because realistically, I'd like to do all of my inserts myself to save money as well and maybe just buy a kit for the actual invites or buy them online.

The first week of November is WAY too early to send invites out for a January 25th wedding.  The end of November is still pushing it but would be within a "normal" timeframe.  6-8 weeks is the suggested time frame.  If you give people too much time it will actually do the opposite of what you want.  People will set it aside and think "I have plenty of time I will do that later" and then it gets lost in the shuffle.  Plus some people may not be able to respond because they don't know their work schedule yet.
  • Options
    krickly09 said:

I've finished mine and for everything (including all of the testers and screw ups it took about 3/4 of a cartridge. The main problem I had was formatting Microsoft to fit the invitation size. In the end I just ended up changing the size of the paper on the computer. (It was so simple actually!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards