California-Los Angeles
Options

dress help- where to buy?

my wedding budget is under 1,000. ladies do you know where I could go and try and wedding gowns? Huntington park, ca only has you order from catalogs.

Re: dress help- where to buy?

• Options
    do some googling for nearby big cities, also simplybridal.com has a mail order option
  • Options
    I got mine at Mon Ami in Costa Mesa, CA. They had an excellent sale section of sample dresses and what not. Lots of really beautiful dresses at all price points. 
  • Options
    ALFRED ANGELO IN BEVERLY HILLS HAS GREAT DRESSES UNDER 1000.00 THEY LET YOU TRY THEM ON AND HAVE A GREAT STAFF.. THEY HAVE A GREAT VARIETY..
  • Options
    Hi

I got married in 2009 and also bought one of my dresses at Mon Amie as a sample but that still cost me $2500 with alterations & cleaning.
    The problem you might have is the budget.I would suggest looking at Designers so as Maggie Sottero maybe Allure,and Alfred Angelo or Davids Bridal depending on your style to stay within your price range to have more selections.
    I'm not sure what your style,size is,but Im actually selling a dress I just purchased for my vow renewal next year(one of three lol)it was sample but I sent it out to be cleaned & preserved never worn street size 4/6.I am also selling a street size 0 dress.The first is a mermaid/silk trumpet with crystal detailing original price $3400 im selling this for $750 it cones with a rhinestone haircomb.The second is a lace dress I'm selling it with a matching mantilla for $1450 but w/I mantilla it will be $1000 w/ a shoulder length veil.(Retail with mantilla$5500,$4250 w/o)this dress is used but has been dry cleaned.Let me know if your interested I'm in los angeles
  • Options
    If your willing to make a drive to Glendale (Karoza Design) I tried out that all the mermaid dresses were under 1000. Down side is the service was so so, and all the dresses were in bags. You had to choose the dresses you wanted to try on and it was quite a task....  The staff is patient, but when your paying a lot for a dress i guess i expect a little bit of help of finding the mermaid section.

I didn't end up buying any dresses from them but there a good place for a bride with a budget.
  • Options
    I tried on many dresses in Downtown LA. They give you great deals, often discounting dresses $200-$400. There are about 5-6 wedding dress stores on Santee across from McDonald's. There is one large store on the corner called Trendy Too that only allows you to try on 3 dresses but others let you try on many. They are all off the rack but if they don't have your size, many of them can order and have it ready in 3 months. I'd say that most dresses that you will find there will end up costing $500-$800 after the discount. Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards