New York-Long Island

Long Island Venues and Prices Enclosed

hoilonhoilon member
edited September 2013 in New York-Long Island
Hi everyone- I'm getting married August 2014 and have visited 6 Long Island Venues so far.  I've finally narrowed it down to The Inn at New Hyde Park.  It was literally love at first sight. It hit all my major markers, ambiance, elegance, new/updated feel, class..not to mention the breathtaking backyard area with outdoor ceremony. So here is some of my feedback with pricing info to help out all you wives-to-be :). Please note these are my opinions only and understand others might have a completely different experience.  I definitely encourage you to experience it for yourself.  I had so much fun checking out venues with my fiance :).

The Inn at New Hyde Park (MY TOP CHOICE- limited dates in 2014)
Fri August PM: $115 pp
Sat August AM: $115 pp
Sat August PM: $125 pp
Ceremony Fee: $800

This venue didn't look like much from the outside but the moment you step inside, everything comes together.  This place truly took my breath away and as I walked into each room, my body filled with excitement.  That's how I know this is the place for me and my fiance.  We FELT IT!  From the entrance room to the romantic outdoor ceremony, upstairs cocktail room with different stations and indoor reception hall & bar...this is it.  I took my sister with me on the 2nd visit and she loved it as well.  We plan on booking this weekend and already have them holding a date for us!! Wish us luck and hope the addition info below is helpful.

Crest Hollow Country Club (not including 20% admin fee & tax)
June/Aug 2014 Saturday AM/PM: $60/ $108.50 pp
June/Aug 2014 Sunday PM: $79 pp
Outdoor Cocktail Hour: $1,500/ Indoor Chapel: $750/ Outdoor Chapel: $950

Crest Hollow looks much better at night than it does during the day due to their large pool in the back.  I was a bridesmaid for a close friends wedding here in 2011. We had so much fun but nothing about the place was memorable.  It's pretty dirty and dated on the inside and I especially noticed it when I came for a tour with my Fiance but you kinda get what you pay for.  All-in-all though as long as there's a big dance floor, it should be a good time.  A friend of mine did tell me her cousin got married here last year and half the family got food poisoning :(.  They apparently have not changed their menu options in over 10+ years.  I will say however that Costanza, Banquet Manager was such a sweetheart and really took time to answer all our questions.  She was fabulous and if I booked, it would've been because of her. 

Swan Club (not including 20% admin fee & tax)
May/June/Aug 2014 
(Friday PM: $75 pp) (Sat AM/PM: $65/$95 pp) (Sunday AM: $70 pp)
Chapel: $700
*Large Room depending on when you book you need anywhere from 125-150 guest minimum

I came here for a friend's wedding on Sat night and loved the outdoor gardens.  When I visited, it looks MUCH better at night than during the day.  Thing is they can have up to 3 weddings at once where you hear a lot of music all around, which can be distracting and take away from your day.  The large room that sits up to 150-200 guests is surprisingly nice. Higher ceilings than the other rooms but still a bit snug for me if I want 150 guests. I also liked the cocktail area that led up to the reception room.  The only thing I couldn't get past was their Ceremony Room. I was not a fan of it, felt like an old boathouse. If you're holding your ceremony at a church and can skip that part at the Swan Club, definitely check it out! For the venue price nothing else beats it!  I really wanted to make this venue work for me but for the ceremony room and size of reception, I have to look elsewhere.

Westbury Manor (not including 20% admin fee & tax)
June/Aug 2014 
The Garden Room is the much bigger and nicer room.  Need 150-175 headcount for Sat PM (or) 130 headcount on Sat/Sun early afternoon
Saturday 1:00-6:00pm: $90 pp (seemed negotiable)
Ceremony Fee: $800

Right when you walk in you feel like you're transported into an older house that your great grandparents might've lived in. Almost felt haunted. There was actually an odor that hit me in the face when I stepped in and right then and there I knew this wasn't for me.  The Banquet Manager was very pleasant and explained everything in much detail. The look and feel was very dated but she said that was what they were going for.  I read a few reviews and it seemed to be okay.  I couldn't help but notice all the huge flies that were flying around the area but that's probably because it was a hot summer day.

The Inn at Fox Hollow Country Club
*Please note that they are completely booked on Fri/Sat Nights in 2014 for the Somerly Room.  They are however avail for AM bookings. 
Winter Garden Pavillion: Need Minimum of 120 people/ Fri PM: $104pp/ Sat PM:$124pp
The Somerley Room: Sat AM: $99 pp/ Sun AM: $94 pp

I fell IN LOVE with The Somerley room at Fox Hollow! It was updated, beautiful, classy and very tastefully done.  The Fox Hollow is also know to have great food and I got a taste of it when they offered baked pastries upon our arrival.  Me and my fiance shamelessly stuffed our faces with 4 mini-crossaints! We also met a couple who got the tour before us and decided to book on the spot.  We worked with Bruce and he gave us a great 45 min tour of the entire venue, introduced us to staff, and made us feel welcomed.  This place felt like a well-oiled machine with great customer service.  I wish the dates/times would've worked for us but we're looking at a Sat night and can't wait until 2015.  They also didn't seem very flexible with price since they're so high in demand.  Either way I think their prices are more than reasonable.  

The Village Club at Lake Success
$110- $160pp depending on package
Lots of Extra Fees to pay: Site Fee, Ceremony Fee, Need to provide Ceremony Stand and practically everything else except, tables, linens, chairs.  Felt like a raw space you can make your own. If you have money to spend, this could be an option for you.  

This is a country club located in Great Neck and just started renting out their space for weddings May 2013.  They still have a few kinks to iron out.  They don't have any pictures from weddings to share and are renovating a lot of their space.  We worked with Tom and he was so detailed in his explanation, probably because so much of the space would change by next year.  Very nice guy, everyone in the club knew him and loved him.  He was just WAY too detailed when it came to decor and all I wanted to know was pricing info.  This place was modern looking and very sleek however I can't imagine anyone spending under $40k for this venue.  

Re: Long Island Venues and Prices Enclosed

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards