Knottie Tech Help

Wedding Party Conflicts

I have been privy to *BRIDEzilla* behavior before and now, as a bride myself, have made a personal committment to avoid the negative during my wedding planning process. I have been shocked by how much bad behavior is actually coming my way! First, my mother who does not shy away from judgmental or negative comments. I have minimized this by chosing not to engage. Lately, however, I have been saddened by bad behavior on the part of members of my wedding party. The biggest conflict happened at my recent Bachelorette Party. The primary hostess used Facebook as the networking tool. I asked her to invite 2 additional people via email who do not use FB. One of them declined for health reasons but the other one refused to come because she was not invited directly by the hostess. She made this decision even though she knew I wanted her there. I am disappointed that the hostess dropped the ball on the email invite but I am even more disappointed by my guest's stubborn clinging to proper ettiquette. Any thoughts on how I handle this?

Re: Wedding Party Conflicts

• You have posted this on a board meant for technical issues.  If you are looking for responses, you might want to repost this on the Etiquette or Pre Wedding Party board.

Your hostess was gracious enough to host a party for you.  She was under no obligation to do so.  Your guests are under no obligation to attend any event.  There is nothing there for you to "handle".  My thoughts would be for you to stop judging the behavior of your wedding party.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards