Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Color scheme problems

s2005s2005 member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited September 2013 in Wedding Reception Forum
My venue has a lot of dark wood.

I will have wood incorporated with the guestbook and the "card box" and other small things.

I was going to use moss as well. Bouquets were going to be mostly ivory with green.

Do think gray bridesmaid dresses will odd?

I was thinking green ivory and gray with touches of brown???? The green will probably be on the brighter side. Apple green.

Re: Color scheme problems

• Options
    I think it sounds ok but is a little hard to visualize. Have you considered doing chocolate dresses for your BMs? My friend had an ivory, chocolate, and green color scheme and it looked great.
  • Options
    I personally don't believe the look of your venue should dictate your attire or colors. You can transform a room with uplighting and draping. If it was your original intention to go with the woodsy look, then I think what you have planned sounds very nice. 
  • Options
    I agree that the venue place shouldn't dictate the colors. But also agree that it sounds nice as well. In the end, it won't matter much if they blend in or not.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    s2005s2005 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2013
    My intention was to do woodsy. My grandparents are woodcarvers and my fiancé and I love the outdoors.

My only concern is that I want to keep brown to a minimum with just wood accents (I hate the color brown). I really don't want green bridesmaid dresses either. I can't think of another color besides gray . I'm trying to find a color that will look good for the chair sashes, napkins and bridesmaid dresses.

Thank you all for your input!
  • Options
    I don't know if this is too late, but I'm doing woodsy myself (enchanted forest theme), and I am working with my venue that has a lot of wood as well.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't try to work with your venue, going against it just takes more work, more decor, and more $$$.  Why fight it?

I think the gray could work really well, just incorporate grey stones into the decor mix, (so a lighter grey), and you have a complete color scheme!  Good luck!
  • Options
    Another neutral but natural color would be champagne color or sometimes called light gold.  I think if you pick a neutral BM dress color it doesn't really matter as much what your other colors are and whether you incorporate their dress color into other things. 
  • Options
    I agree ith jen77b, a champagne color would look really nice.
  • Options
    I think gray dresses would like nice and fit with the color's.  
  • Options
    I love the idea of gray dresses!  I'm toying with that color for my bridesmaids, too!  I think dove gray dresses are a lovely background to a vibrant bouquet.  I believe you're on the right track.  It's going to be a lovely party!  Best Wishes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards