Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Price for rights to one print

I'm in need of some quick feedback...I've got to get moving on our STD's, so I contacted the photographer about using an e-pic and making a postcard.  I already found a design I really like, so they they suggested purchasing the printing right to the picture we want to use.  They asked if I thought $40 was an okay price but I really didn't know what to think.  This is for 1 picture so I thought it may be a bit high and worth negotiating, but I really have nothing to compare.  Is this high?  What's a fair price to have the rights to 1 picture? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Price for rights to one print

• Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmm i really have no point of reference but it seems high to me?? id probably negotiate them downward. Maybe try the photos and video board for more feedback?

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is this $40 for the rights to your e-pic or simply a design?

• Options
    carcrashheartcarcrashheart member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    sounds high. this is why making sure you have the rights to your photo's is beneficial.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it's for the rights to one e pic. thankfully we negotiated a flat rate for rights to all of the wedding pics. of course this was after we realized we screwed up with te e pics.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen engagement photo rights from "included in the engagement session" to $350 for the rights to 25-30 pictures. So, I'd say for one picture it's high if you're going with the a la carte way of thinking about it. Maybe you can counter with offering $20 since they asked if you thought it was reasonable and go from there?
    Married since May 12, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the $20 offer. It's kind of odd to me that they charge for that, knowing how expensive the rest of the package is.

I just asked my photog about it, bc it never crossed my mind.

good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  FI and I have decided to go down to $20 and see what they say.  They have been easy to work with so I'm keeping my fingers crossed:)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine was $15 per pic, but $20 is reasonable! =D Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards