Chit Chat
Options

Surprising Fiance?

We live in Ohio and Fi is a huge OSU fan. For his birthday, I was able to get OSU/Michigan tickets. His birthday is Oct 3rd and the game is Nov 30th. Whats a good way to surprise him with these??? I can't just be like, dont make plans for that day bc I hate football and even I know when that game is! So I plan on giving him the tickets on his actual birthday. Help please! I am so uncreative!

Re: Surprising Fiance?

• Options
    On a completely unrelated note - FI and I are huge UofM fans and will also be at that game! (Just on the other side of the stadium)
  • Options
    haha. I wish I could have gotten tickets on the other side! With only like 5 sections for OSU fans its super expensive. I feel bad for UofM fans when the games at OSU!
  • Options
    You could get him some new OSU gear (shirt, hoodie, something) and wrap the tickets inside with it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There is also the ever-popular box inside a box inside box type of gift.
  • Options
    a friend of his said to hide the tickets in my bra and be fully dressed and tell him he has to find the tickets haha

or to order pizza or wings, and where they usually put a flyer on the box, put the tickets

• Options

I like his friend's suggestions..  lol

I would love to go to an OSU/M game.  I live in Columbus so maybe one day...  lol

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    We live near Columbus, so it's gonna be a road trip, but I got a great deal on tickets through work and couldn't pass this up:)
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013
    snoopycac said:
    On a completely unrelated note - FI and I are huge UofM fans and will also be at that game! (Just on the other side of the stadium)
    Oh, Snoopy - I am so sorry....to hear you are a Wolverine!  We are Spartans all the way.  Mmmm, Wolverine!  Tastes like chicken!!  :)

How was Michigan's Adventure?
  • Options
    Make up some plans that you have to go to that day. A family party or something, so he can't make any plans. You're just trying to make sure he doesn't make any plans for that day before you can give him his gift, right?
    Anniversary
  • Options

Your FI really would potentially make other plans almost two months in advance? I don't think you'll have anything to worry about if he's getting the tickets early October and the game is the last day of November.

My husband doesn't make plans more than two minutes in advance, so this would be a total non-issue for us.

• Options
    @sembree1

I did something similar for my FI for his last birthday.   I collected gifts for him that hinted at what the larger gift would be and wrapped each one individually, put them in a large box and took it to his work (one of his co-workers helped me) as he had to work that day (before he got there).  The large box had a card on top, denoted to be read first, in which it stated that he had to follow the instructions precisely.  Each gift had to be opened at a certain time....basically prolonging his birthday/gift experience.  No gift he opened was over $5 (except lunch) but he still enjoyed them.   For yours I would suggest the following:

8AM - Peanuts (or pretzels)
    9AM - A Mini Football
    10AM - Maybe a favorite candy
    11AM -  A miniature football game that could be played at his desk (I bought a dart gun at the dollar store)
    12PM - a did a $10 giftcard to Moes for his lunch
    1pm - etc, etc, etc

The 5PM present was to be opened at 4:45 and noted for him to meet me at his favorite bar for dinner.

There he got his actual present (the tickets) and a new shirt i got him to wear to the game.   He loved it and apparently his co-workers kept coming over at each designated time to see what the gift was. 

All in total - the day gifts were about $30.  And you could cater each other to be something related to OSU to get him thinking.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    itzMS said:

Your FI really would potentially make other plans almost two months in advance? I don't think you'll have anything to worry about if he's getting the tickets early October and the game is the last day of November.

My husband doesn't make plans more than two minutes in advance, so this would be a total non-issue for us.

On a related note, if he is such a huge OSU fan I doubt he would make plans other then to watch the game on that date.

• Options
    kmmssg said:
    snoopycac said:
    Oh, Snoopy - I am so sorry....to hear you are a Wolverine!  We are Spartans all the way.  Mmmm, Wolverine!  Tastes like chicken!!  :)

How was Michigan's Adventure?
    It was great! Thanks for asking.
  • Options
    My FI is a huge Packers fan, and I'm surprising him with Packers at Giants tickets for his 30th (birthday Oct 8, game Nov 17). We live in DC so it's a trip but pretty easy with amtrak.

Basically I told him I was thinking about doing a 3 day weekend somewhere for his bday (it's a Sunday night game so we'd both need Monday off to travel back). A little later I told him the day I could get off for said weekend is Mon the 18th so told him to also take that day off and not make plans for the weekend (I made it seem like that's the random Monday my boss told me I could have off which is totally believable in my current job situation). I plan on telling him where we're going on his actual birthday. I hope I pull off the surprise!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards