October 2013 Weddings
Options

Sand Ceremony- buying sand?

Hey Ladies

FI's godmother is making the vessel for our sand ceremony. She frequently does stained glass art, and wanted to gift this to us (otherwise we wouldn't have done one). She is creating the individual sand vases and the larger one. The only thing she asked is that we supply the sand. 

Now- where to buy? There are a ton of places online, but are there any ones you rec?

Thanks
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sand Ceremony- buying sand?

• Options

Do you want pristine, fine, colored sand?  If so, craft stores.  I'd also guess there are gardening/contracting companies that would have them available in bulk for cheap, if color is less specific.

If you want real beach sand........I could come up with a pound or twelve for pretty much nothing but shipping, if you want.........  :)

• Options
    FLDiver said:

Do you want pristine, fine, colored sand?  If so, craft stores.  I'd also guess there are gardening/contracting companies that would have them available in bulk for cheap, if color is less specific.

If you want real beach sand........I could come up with a pound or twelve for pretty much nothing but shipping, if you want.........  :)

Now wouldn't that be funny :)

FI wants colored sand (so chocolate brown and apple red) because he is very matchy matchy. He is very much the one who gets into the decorating and crap in this relationship. Hah! I guess I will be making a trip to Michaels!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We got ours through Oriental Trading Company for pretty cheap! I also saw some at Hobby Lobby the other day for even cheaper than we got ours - it was in some other craft aisle though, not the wedding aisle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards