Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Do I need menu cards?

We are having our reception at a nice restaurant in Pittsburgh. It will be a sit down dinner. Everyone knows the meal choices, obviously, but not what we are serving for cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres or for dessert. We are basically at the end of our budget with less than 2 weeks to go.... do I need menu cards for each diner? I had decided a LONG time ago we would not use them, but now I am not so sure. I would be more than happy to put a large "menu card" in a large picture frame for everyone to see on a main table, but I honestly am not interested in printing up 180 individual menu cards. Thoughts?

Re: Do I need menu cards?

• Options
    Neither my son or daughter used them in their weddings.  My son had an extensive tapas style reception.  The waitstaff was well versed in informing the guests as to what was being passed.  I've actually never understood the need for it at weddings, since more often than not, the entree was selected by the guest in the first place.
  • Options
    I didn't even think about menu cards.  It wasn't until we were seated at the reception that I realized the venue did them for us.  Any chance your venue might already be including them?  If not, I wouldn't bother with them.
  • Options
    I'm doing mine on my computer - only because it's a buffet and it will give me something to put at the place setting. I would vote no for you, it's perfectly ok not to have them! 

• Options
    I think menu cards are completely pointless unless you are doing table side ordering.

• Options
    Well, you don't *have* to but I find them nice.  Or you could do one or two per table and frame them or something.
  • Options
    If you make your guests choose on their RSVP card then there's no point really. If you give your guests a choice table side then yes they are helpful.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards