Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Centerpiece Ideas

Hello Fellow Knotties,

I am trying to do somethings myself to avoid having to spend a fortune. My current idea is doing my own centerpieces.

What do you think of the Ostrich Feather Centerpieces? My wedding color is Coral. I would use an Effiel Tower vase and either put a filler or frost the glass then put coral colored floralites in the vases. I would then use the white Ostrich Feathers. I am thinking I would want it to be a 40" centerpiece.

Can you please tell me if you think this is too gaudy? I am saving at least $1500 because I am not doing flowers.

Thank you!

Ashley

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Centerpiece Ideas

• Options
    I went to a wedding that did this.  I think having all the tables with it was a bit overwhelming.  What about doing half with the feathers and then the other half varying sizes of candles?  You could use vases and place a floralite on the bottom, cover it with clear marbles/crystals, and then place a candle on top.

I am a fan of having varying centerpieces.  It helps to really break up the monotony of one type of centerpiece and it also adds some dimension and visual interest in the room.

• Options
    I agree with Maggie- Flowerless weddings can be beautiful, but I find that lots of ostrich feathers can look a little "Boudoir"-ish, if you know what I mean. I really like the ideas of a few tables with low, simple centrepieces mixed in with the tall feathered ones. It really makes the tall ones pop.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! This is definitely something I will look into!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I dont know what is wrong with my computer but it won't change my signature. I've been trying to add a ticker too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    My daughter used some feathers interspersed in her bouquets.  The feathers frequently go on half price sale at Hobby Lobby.  I don't know whether it is store specific, but in our area, we were able to order the amount of feathers we needed from their website.  The sale price was honored.
  • Options
    Thank you so much! That is extremely helpful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    A friend of mine had 2 purple hydrangea's in each square vase and added a few feather in each one and wrapped some 2" green ribbon around the vase. . It was actually quite cute The vases she got from Goodwill, hydrangea's from Publix and the feathers from one of the craft stores. It probably cost her no more than $12.00 per table if that (depended on the cost of the vases)You can get some good deals at Goodwill or other thrift stores but you have to be diligent.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards