Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Wedding Dress Woes

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice on where to find a wedding dress. I'm getting married in Las Vegas and it's my second wedding (I'm 30)... so I have a few sticking points.

1. I don't want to wear anything too "bridal" or fluffy. I don't want to look like I did 5 years ago in my a-line, traditional wedding dress.

2. I want the dress to be fun and say "Viva Las Vegas." It should be long, I want to look like a bride, but a Vegas bride. Think tasteful bling.

3. I would like to stay under $500

I bought a Sue Wong dress off Rue La La (because I could return it if need be) that is feathered and beaded. I know it sounds crazy but it's gorgeous. It's a bit small and the feathers add bulk that I don't think is very flattering. This is my problem, I feel like I have to try on. I'm about a size 12 and I'm hoping and trying to drop 10 pounds between now and the wedding next spring. But I'm not skinny skinny and it's hard to shop online for me in general.

Are there stores in the greater Boston area that are affordable and might have what I'm looking for? Am I asking too much? Do I need to cut one of my sticking points (i.e. up my budget?) I've considered looking at bridesmaids dresses and ordering one in white or ivory. Maybe something simple, but add a blingy belt and a statement necklace.

Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Dress Woes

• Options
    GretchenMariaGretchenMaria member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2013
    I haven't actually been myself, but my soon-to-be sister-in-law found her dress at Vows in Watertown and is thrilled- a good amount of their prices are within your range, they stock a lot of options, and I believe they'll also do some looking if you're not happy with any of their selections. You can see some of their dresses at http://www.bridepower.com/. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards