Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Assigning Tables

Ok so I had planned on my tables being set up for 6 people seated at each one. I want to seat everyone with people they will be the most comfortable with. For the most part the 6 person set up will work. However I have 8 people who I think should be seated together and if I separate one and place them at another table they would be out of place. Would it be alright to have one table set up for 8 but all the others for 6? Or is that a bad thing to do?

Re: Assigning Tables

• Options
    It is fine to mix up the number of people sitting at each table.  For our wedding we had tables that varied from 6-8 people each.

• Options
    What if I only have 5 people at one of the tables? Should I only have it set up for 5 or have an empty chair?
  • Options
    jlazgrl said:
    Ok so I had planned on my tables being set up for 6 people seated at each one. I want to seat everyone with people they will be the most comfortable with. For the most part the 6 person set up will work. However I have 8 people who I think should be seated together and if I separate one and place them at another table they would be out of place. Would it be alright to have one table set up for 8 but all the others for 6? Or is that a bad thing to do?

Sounds fine.

Just make sure the table is meant to seat 8 people, and you're not cramming 8 people at a 6-top.

• Options
    jlazgrl said:
    What if I only have 5 people at one of the tables? Should I only have it set up for 5 or have an empty chair?

Have it set for 5.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    My tables vary from 8-10 at each table and they'll be set for the exact number of people expected at that table.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards