Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Name 5 Random Things

about yourself....
Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

Re: Name 5 Random Things

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have lived in 4 different states.

I hate wearing tennis shoes.

My sister and I are 11 months apart.

I have a great fear that I always have a booger hanging out of my nose (I never do but)

I have cut my chin open twice in the same spot and had to get stitches (once playing basketball and the other while doing an obstical course with water and babypools on the drive way and slipped on the smooth cement in the garage)

Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe that a glass of wine and sweat pants can cure any bad day

I have a huge fear of anyone close to me dying

I also believe that chocolate can cure most things

I love when I get a "snow day" for work (my company is awesome!)

I can't run for more than a mile without hypervenilating

If I could eat pizza every day forever and not get fat, I would

I would love to one day adopt a child.. not because I don't want to give birth, but I

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm very clumsy and extremely UNgraceful.. i seriously hit my head or cut my hands on something once a week
    I was a "dancer" in a 48 hour no sleeping no sitting dance marathon (THON for those of you that know or went to penn state!)
    I'm a twin, DF is a twin, my mom is a twin, her twin sister had twins... u could say it runs in the family
    i have an unhealthy love of cheese... especially extra sharp cheddar. everytime i go to the grocery store i buy at least one package of the kraft kind.
    i'm not a huge sweets person.. i'll take salty goodness over sweets anyday.

• Options
    phillychica85phillychica85 member
    edited December 2011
    I met DH on match.com

I've lived/studied abroad in five countries

I mastered the Korean alpahbet when I studied in Seoul

I had my tonsils and turbinates removed when I was 18 (TERRIBLE experience!)

I apparently speak with a dialect as I was told this by a random parent at the library yesterday...
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have broken my arms 11 times - 6 times on my right wrist, 5 times on my left

I am really miserably unhappy in Philadelphia (even though I think I fake it quite well) and miss my family more than anything! I'm beyond ready to get out of here...

I have a slight obsession with Starbucks' vanilla cupcakes and long for February when they come back!

I'm with Trisha in saying that I have a terrible fear of my loved ones dying, and have since I was young.

I also have a terrible fear of the ocean. I won't go in unless someone carries me, or I can see what's under me - even then, I will only go in waist-high with other people. I legitimately panic when I think I see anythign or anything swims near me and almost drowned once while attempting to snorkel in Mexico b/c I had an anxiety attack.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  I've had a life-long love and obsession for the Beatles.. literally, out of the womb. (thanks, dad!)

2. Pretty sure I've turned into a hypochondriac.

3. My birthday and my FI's birthday are only 5 days apart (however he's 2 years older than me)

4.  I was a phenomenal flute player in highschool.  Haven't played it in a few years, wonder if my talent still holds...

5.  I want my own office at work!!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. I used to twirl baton when I was a kid/pre-teen. My first routine was to Smooth Criminal- I have fond memories of it.

2. I studied abroad in Barcelona for a semester in college. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done (leaving my family, friends, and then FI), but one of the best experiences of my life.

3. I am hoping for a snowy winter again, though I know chances are pretty slim it'll be anything like Snowmeggedon again. (don't hate!)

4. I have a very low tolerance of pain.

5. I've probably mentioned this at some point in the past, but I met Enrique Iglesias backstage after a concert when I was 15. I was on cloud 9 for days!
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never broken a bone or been stung by a bee, so now im terrified of either of those things happening

I've known my best friend (who is my MOH) since I was two.

Because I was a swimmer in HS, I wasn't allowed to do winter sports (possibility of injury is too high).  So, I have no idea how to ski or snowboard!

I have a second Bachelor's in HIspanic studies.

I don't drink soda
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. I sometimes plan my meals around condiments that I crave -- honey mustard, ranch and/or ketchup.

2. I always dream about the ocean and waves crashing over my head and I think it symbolizes my stress levels!

3. I am terrified by thousand-leggers and will scream and jump at the sight. 

4.  I really want to drive a tractor trailer before I die.

5.  Money, finances and investments stress me out beyond belief but at the same time I hate to arrange investments and procrastinate about setting things up (401K, checking accounts, etc).  My solution is to just not talk about it.  It drives FI crazy.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. I was born on Friday the 13th.

2. I am listed in iMdb (the Internet Movie Database) for appearing in a short film. H is also listed for a movie he appeared in.

3.  I have never broken anything more than a finger, but have had knee and foot surgery.

4. I was interviewed for KDKA radio at the Pirates 1960 World Series 50th Anniversary replay/celebration last week. My grandma would be proud!

5. I still take ballet class and perform in studio pieces even though I am almost 40!
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    Janiceb2010Janiceb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  I  was in the Army for almost 12 years as a Medical Lab Technician.  I got out and finished school.  Now I am an accountant.
    2.  While in the Army, I spent about 6 months boosting morale, singing and dancing for our troops around the country. (Don't hold it against me, but I still love karaoke).
    3.  I can't imagine life without having dogs around.  I am convinved that puppy bellies and puppy breath are better than therapy.  I am hoping to one day finish my dog's training so she can be a certified therapy dog.
    4.  My FI and I went to HS together.  We didn't run in the same circles then but each knew who the other person was and had mutual friends. We reconnected on FB 20+ years later and the rest is history.  I moved from TX to Pittsburgh to be with him.

5.  I am passionate about fundraising for the Alzheimer's Association.  My father passed away last December from this awful disease.  The association was so helpful to my family.  I want to make sure to help pass on the blessing.

Hang in there ladies.  We are half way through the week Cool

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. I wanted to become a lobbyist because I loved the movie the American President with Annette Benning and Michael Douglas.

2. In HS I was voted "Most Guy Minded" for my senior class

3. I grind my teeth when I sleep and have CRAZY dreams constantly.

4. I am going to see Pee Wee Herman next week on Broadway!

5. My bestest friends and I are known as "the Gaggle"!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. I refuse to eat applesauce and cottage cheese. 
    2. I can play multiple instruments.
    3. I have a three year old sister.
    4. I am an advisor for my sorority.
    5. I  have been in 7 airports and 5 countries in less than three weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    alainn15alainn15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. FI and I met at MATRIX on my birthday. His birthday is 12 days before mine, which means we are both Scorpios and should fight constantly, but we rarely do.

2. I really can't stand to be around my mother because she is an alcoholic and thinks every moment should be filled with useles meaningless chatter, most of which is stuff she makes up to impress people.

3. My dream job are to be a custom motorcycle builder or a wedding dress designer. i already have a compnay name picked out if I ever start one.

4. I had my daughter when I was 15 and people alwasy commetn about how great of a kid she is. Because of the comments,I feel like I did a better job raising her than a lot of parents that had their children at "normal" childbearing age

5. I hate that my FMIL still live in the house with us and hasn't yet moved into the apartment around the back of the house like FI told me she would last DECEMBER. Her furniture is hideous and everytime I put something down somewhere I feel like I have commited a felony. And I always feel like she is talking about me in Korean when she is on the phone with her friends because of the way she looks at me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. My feet are the same size as they were when I was 4.
    2. I forget the natural color of my hair and the actual size of my unehnanced bewbies.
    3. I receive three alimony checks each month.
    4. My twin sister is a nun and prays for my soul every day.
    5. If I were to get married again, I'd definitely have my reception at the LeMont.

Barcelona called. They want you to make up a new fact, KimWard. That one is what the kids call played out.
  • Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited December 2011
    1.  I am obsessed with roller coasters and want to join one of those clubs that travels the world to ride high thrill roller coasters.

2.  Halloween is my favorite holiday, most likely because I was nearly born on a haunted hayride. (what my mom was doing on a haunted hayride 2 days before my due date is beyond me)

3.  I was on the "Pens Patrol" for 2 years (when we actually danced and did things..not just shovel ice like they do now)

4.  I am obsessed with pop. I drink waayyy too much. I gave it up once for Lent, and was off it for about 1 year,  but as soon as I started again, I couldnt stop.

5.  I'm obsessed with my two little kittens, Cheesestick and Sydney, and talk about them so much I'm afraid people think I'm a crazy cat lady. Tongue out
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_nave-5-random-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:cd500921-5aa0-451a-a548-d7a4b419f9e4Post:adf4f975-bc70-446c-a01f-6f944a47cc84">Re: Name 5 Random Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]3. My dream job are to be a custom motorcycle builder or a wedding dress designer. i already have a compnay name picked out if I ever start one.
    Posted by alainn15[/QUOTE]

Did you happen to see the "Say Yes to the Dress" episode (I watched it last night) with the guys from American Chopper? The guy was saying how easy it was going to be to pick out his FI's wedding dress bc it is just like desigining a bike!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_nave-5-random-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:cd500921-5aa0-451a-a548-d7a4b419f9e4Post:b38ad4dd-e879-46d8-840e-38bccd0c6e9a">Re: Name 5 Random Things</a>:
    [QUOTE] Barcelona called. They want you to make up a new fact, KimWard. That one is what the kids call played out.
    Posted by Thrice_Divorced[/QUOTE]

Ok, just for you, Thrice: I'm extremely close to my parents and am hoping they move to the DC area someday.

I will admit that it was a lame fact, but I couldn't think of anything else at the moment and was in a hurry.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    KimWard, You're a doll for appeasing me. Gracias.
  • Options
    alainn15alainn15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, so somehow I quoted and replied to Megan about SYTTD and it went to the Bradenton Knot. I don't know what that was about. So now my random post is floating around on some other board.

Anyway, what I wanted to say was that as long as FI's mom didn't stop my recordings again then I should have it on my DVR and will probably watch it tonight. That would be the perfect episode for me.
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_nave-5-random-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:cd500921-5aa0-451a-a548-d7a4b419f9e4Post:b4949da3-23fb-4138-9da8-4ebf69849565">Re: Name 5 Random Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am really miserably unhappy in Philadelphia (even though I think I fake it quite well) and miss my family more than anything! I'm beyond ready to get out of here
    Posted by gmc22[/QUOTE]

Exactly this.  After leaving Pittsburgh about 3 weeks ago my neice was begging me to stay and not go home.  It broke my heart. 

One of my goals in life is to go to all 7 continents.  I have 5 down and only South America and Antarctica left. 

I've never broke a bone but I've had 4 surgeries on my ankle.

Our family pictures is buried in a time capsule in the end zone of Heinz Field.

I never had a pet growing up. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. I broke my pelvis in ninth grade.  To this day, I 'm still not sure how in the world I did it.

2.  I took the middle school math praxis without a calculator and passed.  I am now certified K-9 :)

3. I was PA state champ in ATA taekwondo in 4 different divisions in three years.  I missed top ten in the world by 1 point...

4. I love to figure skate and still compete and skate in shows. 

5. My FI and I went to the same college, and our greek houses share the same first letter, Phi.  This means our future kids will be Phi Tots.
    My Bio
    Derp Engagement Photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards