Louisiana-New Orleans

Wedding Planners in NO

I am planning a destination wedding in New Orleans and am in need of a planner who is reasonably priced. Does anyone have suggestions?  Thanks.   

Re: Wedding Planners in NO

• I'm not sure what your definition of reasonably priced is.  Are you looking for a full wedding planner or just someone to do month of coordination?  I was happy with Carolyn Arthurs at All About Events and I know several brides have been pleased with Lu from Weddings by Lulu.  We're friends and I would have totally trusted her to help plan my wedding. 
  • check out Enchanting Special Events, I used them and was very happy with the results. They are based in TN but travel throughout the country for weddings and are very reasonably priced.
  • louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2013
    For what it's worth, I would want to hire a wedding planner based in New Orleans who knows the vendors and has personal experience with them.  Weddings are a bit different in New Orleans and I find that many of the vendors work on a different time frame.

Also it seems like that poster is spamming various local boards with recommendations for that planner.
  • Thanks for the information.  I thought it was strange for someone to recommend a planner outside of  NO. I would never do that.  I'm looking to spend 20k on the wedding and so I'm thinking spending between 2k-3k for a planner is reasonable.
  • I think most full wedding packages are around $5,000, but several planners have a package where you can consult with them and get vendor recommendations in that price range.  Best of luck with your planning!
  • Its Your Time Events with Erin....she's awesome! Did my sisters wedding and is helping with mine. She knows all great vendors and is very reasonably priced! Check her out!! She's super sweet and down to earth! 
  • Britney with Southern Knots. She is young, super sweet and great style! She has several different packages depending on what you are looking for. http://southernknotsandevents.com/
  • Britney with Southern Knots. She is young, super sweet and great style! She has several different packages ($2500+) depending on what you are looking for and some smaller services a la carte($300+). http://southernknotsandevents.com/
  • We unfortunately had to scrap the idea of a wedding planner, but in retrospect, this was a mistake that I WOULD NOT REPEAT.  Seriously.  If only I had known, I'd have just done it first and gotten it over with.  At the time, we interviewed multiple people looking for a month-of coordinator.  Of all of the people I spoke with, and I don't want to be derogatory about any of them- to each, his own- the one I really regret not hiring was Valerie Gernheuser with Sapphire Events ( http://www.sapphireeventsnola.com/ ).  We spoke on the phone for a long time, and she used to be a lawyer who 'followed her dream' into wedding planning.  When I tell you this chick is ON POINT, I mean it.  She is super-together and I would have totally trusted her to do my wedding.  My maid of honor's husband is a wedding photographer, and he has worked with her before and recommended her to me.  We are planning from Texas, so I am also having a destination wedding.  I really regret not hiring her.  I've followed her blog and on Facebook and she is just really good.  I was reading HuffPost the other day and they interviewed her for an article.  i knew I should have hired with her!  Sigh.  Anyway, you should check her out.
    -We've jointly decided to medicate any future marital discord with food.-
  • Graceful Event Productions its a mother and daughter team (Tamar and Grace) and they were wonderful.  I did not have full service but she did my DOC, reception venue flowers and centerpiece and candy table.  www.graceful-events.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards