Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

White vs Ivory

My dress is Ivory so everything else (linens etc) are all set up to be ivory too so that they they don't make the ivory look yellow. Now my girls bouquets are mostly ivory (they are fabric flowers) with some soft pinks and champagnes. I found necklaces I'd like to buy for them but they are made of white pearls. Do you think that will matter and be noticeable?

Re: White vs Ivory

• Options
    svc2014 said:
    My dress is Ivory so everything else (linens etc) are all set up to be ivory too so that they they don't make the ivory look yellow. Now my girls bouquets are mostly ivory (they are fabric flowers) with some soft pinks and champagnes. I found necklaces I'd like to buy for them but they are made of white pearls. Do you think that will matter and be noticeable?

It won't matter. In different lights, pearls can be completely different. And pearls are classic - they look good with almost everything (especially soft pinks and champage - to die for).

Don't stress about this another second.

• Options
    It really won't matter.  Even your linen do not matter.  No one is going to grab the tablecloth and hold it directly next to your dress and say "They don't match!"

• Options

PDKH said:
    svc2014 said:

It won't matter. In different lights, pearls can be completely different. And pearls are classic - they look good with almost everything (especially soft pinks and champage - to die for).

Don't stress about this another second.

Awesome! That's what I was hoping but needed a second opinion.
    Thanks for your help!
  • Options

It really won't matter.  Even your linen do not matter.  No one is going to grab the tablecloth and hold it directly next to your dress and say "They don't match!"
    I love when people think the bride's dress and groom's shirt have to match lol. Especially because the ivory dress shirts tend to look sooo dingy.
  • Options
    PDKH said:

I love when people think the bride's dress and groom's shirt have to match lol. Especially because the ivory dress shirts tend to look sooo dingy.

Exactly.

Not one person saw DH & I standing next to each other and said "Wow, itzMS, your dress looks so YELLOW next to DH's white shirt"

• Options
    PDKH said:

H wore ivory because it just went better with the ivory/champagne vest.  His GMs wore white shirts.  In pictures and in person you couldn't even tell the difference.  My dress wasn't white nor was it ivory but a white variation so trying to match other things to it would just be crazy.  

And I don't think having a lot of white next to a bride in ivory makes her look dingy at all.  There is no way to make a beautiful wedding dress look dingy.

• Options
    PDKH said:

H wore ivory because it just went better with the ivory/champagne vest.  His GMs wore white shirts.  In pictures and in person you couldn't even tell the difference.  My dress wasn't white nor was it ivory but a white variation so trying to match other things to it would just be crazy.  

And I don't think having a lot of white next to a bride in ivory makes her look dingy at all.  There is no way to make a beautiful wedding dress look dingy.
    Oh I know - I meant sometimes the ivory ivory shirts on guys look just odd to me. But yeah, very few brides wear white white anymore. I can't remember the last time I actually noticed the color difference. It's one of those stupid things I wish retailers and magazines didn't make women worry about.
  • Options
    OP, guarantee the only one who will notice is you! :) Get the pearls you love. 

Working at DB, one thing that drives me CRAZY is when girls come in and refuse ivory for silly reasons. Like they'll find a dress they ADORE but if they realize it only comes in ivory they say ridiculous things like "I NEED white because I EARNED white." I'm always like, come on girls, nobody is going to doubt your purity because of the shade of your dress. Geesh. 
    Ugh.  Like those of us who choose ivory dresses do so because we want to advertise to the world that we are wh*res.  
  • Options

Working at DB, one thing that drives me CRAZY is when girls come in and refuse ivory for silly reasons. Like they'll find a dress they ADORE but if they realize it only comes in ivory they say ridiculous things like "I NEED white because I EARNED white." I'm always like, come on girls, nobody is going to doubt your purity because of the shade of your dress. Geesh. 
    Ugh.  Like those of us who choose ivory dresses do so because we want to advertise to the world that we are wh*res.  
    Um, that's why I didn't go with pure white...I wanted to share with the world how whoreish I was :)

• Options

No joke. My sister's crazy asshole in-laws made my sister so upset that her first dress was a VERY pale champagne color (and not pure virginal white) that she went and bought a second diamond white dress two months before her wedding.

She talks about how she hated her dress all the time.

• Options

Um, that's why I didn't go with pure white...I wanted to share with the world how whoreish I was :)
    So that's why my grandmother looked disappointed when I told her my dress was ivory not white. haha Welp...
  • Options
    svc2014 said:

So that's why my grandmother looked disappointed when I told her my dress was ivory not white. haha Welp...
    Oh, doesn't grandma know that it is always smart to take the car for a test drive before making the big purchase?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards