Just Engaged and Proposals

Just engaged! First post :-)

Hello everyone!!  This is my first post.  My fiance popped the question on September 7, 2013 (this past Saturday).  That morning I ran my very first 5k race with my father.  I had trained for it since May, and in the training time I've lost thirty pounds.  My finishing time was my personal best and we decided to celebrate by going with my family to Disney World.  We went to the Magic Kingdom, which is "our" place.  My fiance and I love going to Disney on the weekends, and it has been our place to de-stress and unwind on the weekends.  We spent the morning there with my family, and I had an inkling he was going to propose as he was being very awkward and weird!!  There's a rose garden to the right of Cinderella's Castle where a Disney photographer is set up to take photos for you.  I was all posed up and ready to take a photo as he got down on one knee.  My parents and brother were there.

To which I instantly burst into tears.  I'm not a typical "girl" by any means and I really don't cry often.  My fiance was NOT expecting me to actually cry.  Apparently, from what he told me, he panicked that he was doing something wrong.  I don't remember exactly what he said in the beginning, but I'm sure it was the typical "I love you" speech and something about making him happy.  But then, in the weird way that I love, he said "So, do you want to do the marriage thing?"  I stopped crying, gave him a funny look, snapped into teacher mode (I teach high school chorus) and said, "If you ask me correctly!"  To which he said the "Will you marry me?" silliness and I said yes and the crowd that gathered laughed.

It was amazing and absolutely, perfectly "us."

We are looking at getting married at Walt Disney World next winter.  I'm excited to have begun planning!!!  I hope I can get a lot of good advice from y'all :-)

Re: Just engaged! First post :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards