Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Color Pallette

I'm having a hard time deciding between aqua and purple or teal and light purple.  Do I need to make a decision, or can I use any of those as I feel appropriate?

I would like the majority of the colors to be the aqua/purple combo, but I think a dark teal would be better for the bridesmaid dresses.  Wedding will be in September. 

Thanks.

Re: Color Pallette

• Options
    LondonLisaLondonLisa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013
    Check out the perfect pallate (link here) They have various mood boards and colour combos that can help you decide.

In all honesty, you could have all four, if done subtly.  I like weddings where they pick 1 or 2 colours and do a variety of shades of those two colours. It really adds a depth to it without being too matchy-matchy.

• Options
    For a September wedding I think aqua and purple would look nice.  
  • Options

I think plum or dark purple dresses are much more flattering than teal.

Just my opinion.

• Options
    itzMS said:

I think plum or dark purple dresses are much more flattering than teal.

Just my opinion.

I agree.  Teal just screams 80's to me.

• Options
    player41140player41140 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2013
    I was thinking like this (click here) , but slightly bluer.  Is that too ugly? 
  • Options

I don't think it's ugly, it's just less practical.

I have two dark purple/plum former bridesmaids dresses in my closet (one formal floor length, one cocktail length) that I will honestly wear again for formal events because they're flattering and don't scream "bridesmaid". A friend of mine wore one of the same dresses in Teal from David's Bridal in a wedding, and it really is less flattering than the purple.

• Options
    I would wear that color again, but only if the dress is wearable again.  A ballgown like the one pictured I doubt I would wear again, but a shorter cocktail dress I definitely would rock a few times. But I love different colored jewel toned dresses.  I have a royal blue and also a fuchsia dress that I have worn multiple times.  I also have a lime green dress that I wore for my RD that I have re-worn. So in the end it really depends on the person as to whether they will wear the dress again. 

That almost looks like a light navy to me.  Teal is more on the greenish side.

• Options
    Hmm... I do not think it's ugly. But it reminds me of the early 90s. I like dark purple for fall weddings. It's a nice fall color and flattering on most skin tones. I like David's Bridal Lapis, Alfred Angelo Eggplant and Alfred Sung Majestic.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Why not use all 4 colors but use 2 as main and 2 accent colors.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards