Wedding Reception Forum
Options

The Story

I was thinking about telling our story to our guests using music.  The way I envision this would be that we tell of important moments in our relationship followed by  song clip.  In reflecting on this, to make it simple enough, we can have five or six songs at most.  It sounds like it would be fun and different.  I think of this as something that we can do prior to any toasts.  Everyone knows our taste in music and I think they would enjoy it. 
Is this something anybody has seen done?  Did you like it?  If you disliked it, would you share why (and what would make it better)?

Re: The Story

• Options
    ccvasquez said:

I was thinking about telling our story to our guests using music.  The way I envision this would be that we tell of important moments in our relationship followed by  song clip.  In reflecting on this, to make it simple enough, we can have five or six songs at most.  It sounds like it would be fun and different.  I think of this as something that we can do prior to any toasts.  Everyone knows our taste in music and I think they would enjoy it. 
    Is this something anybody has seen done?  Did you like it?  If you disliked it, would you share why (and what would make it better)?

I got nothin.

Anniversary

• Options
    This sounds like it will be far too long.
  • Options
    I agree with the "far too long" comment.  I could see ONE song...yes, you'd have to cut down what you include, but more would risk getting a bit boring,
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2013

So you and FI would stand in front of everyone and read a script?

My interpretation:

"Christina and Michael met on EHarmony. Christina was immediately attracted to Michael's profile picture...blah blah"

*play song*

"Christina and Michael went on their first date to Joe's Crab Shack. Michael didn't know that Christina had never eaten seafood before...blah blah"

*play song*

"By their third date Christina and Michael new they were desitined to be husband and wife. Too bad the proposal didn't come for 3 more years...blah blah"

*play song*

"Christina and Michael bought a dog named Lucky. Christina is so "lucky" that Michael proposed to her with the ring around Lucky's collar blah blah..."

*play song*

OMG I'm so bored just typing this. Don't do it.

• Options
    I don't understand this at all. When would you do this? 

I went to a RD where they had made a video of the B&Gs lives and relationship and played their favorite songs. It was SO BORING. No one liked it and everyone had empty drinks and was fidgeting by the time it was over. Save your time and money.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I would most likely fall to sleep after the first song.  Please do not do this.  Your guests really will not care and most, most likely know your story of how you met anyways.  This will bore your guests to tears.

• Options

Add me to the list of confused and bored people.

Remember that you don't need anything special to make your wedding "your story." The whole reason everyone is coming together is "your story." Add your personal touches, play songs you like during your processional/recessional/reception, use photos of yourselves at table numbers, type up a brief "how we met" in your program, and leave it at that.

• Options
    Yeah, this is the kind of thing I'd cut out.  It would sound meaningful and romantic to you and your FI...but nobody else present.  I like PDKH's suggestions on how to make your wedding personal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards