October 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding band

I was thinking today about what to do with my wedding band. I have seen some people where their engagement rings on their right hand while they are getting married and just putting the band on their left hand. I am getting mine soldered together only because the band fits perfectly around my engagement ring. I was debating on getting them soldered together before the wedding and not wearing a ring at all before the ceremony. What is everyone else doing?
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
image 125 Are ready to party
image 23 Are no fun!
image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet

Re: Wedding band

• Options
    I have a plain white gold wedding band that is slightly larger than my engagement ring, and I'm not having them soldered together because I want to be able to wear the wedding band even when my hands swell like during pregnancy and such.

• Options
    So @thejucheidea, are you going to wear your engagement ring during the ceremony? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've been wearing a family heirloom for the engagement and will just wear a plainer band with a lower profile after the wedding. The Destroyer of Sweaters will still come out for special occasions, but I did not want to have to match my wedding band to it or wear it everyday.
  • Options
    So @thejucheidea, are you going to wear your engagement ring during the ceremony? 
    I'm gonna have my man of honor hold it and hand it to the officiant at the same time that he hands her my wedding band.

• Options
    I'm going to wear my engagement ring on my right hand. The band we bought isn't the one I want, it's a stand in so I will be wearing that until we get the band I want made. 
  • Options
    I'm going to wear my engagement ring on my right hand. The band we bought isn't the one I want, it's a stand in so I will be wearing that until we get the band I want made. 
    I would do this, but there's a size difference between my hands -- my right is an 8.5 and my left is a 7.75.

• Options
    I am going to wearing my e-ring on my right hand and then once the ceremony is over, switch it to my wedding finger :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i think because my wedding band was made just for me to fit with my engagement i'm gonna just keep my engagement ring on but i'm undecided
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We actually built my engagement ring into the ceremony. After we exchange rings, FI will place my e-ring back on my left hand over the wedding band as a "seal the deal/fulfill the promise" gesture.
  • Options
    @Chemchic2006 - that is a really good idea!  I might have to consider doing this as well.  I am having such a hard time deciding what to do!

I definitely need to have mine soldered together only because they will move around on me and my band doesn't go without my engagement ring.  I want to do it before we go on our honeymoon but that leaves me with 2 days which will just stress me out.  I have to work both days before we leave unfortunately so it doesn't leave me much time at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • Options
    I plan on wearing my engagement ring on my right hand during the ceremony and then move it to my left hand after. I won't ever solder the two together.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    I'm not sure what I a going to do! I already have a ring that I don't take off on my right hand so I think have two on that hand may look funny... So I will probably just leave my engagement ring on my left and switch it for pictures.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards