Just Engaged and Proposals

How do I choose?

Well, I'll start by saying "this isn't my first rodeo".  I've been married before (28-1/2 years), and so has my FI (25 years).  The question is, how do I choose bridesmaids?  We have 5 kids between us (4 girls, 1 boy), all are adults.  We know we want our 3 grandkids in the wedding (1 flower girl, 1 ring bearer, 1 banner bearer).  But then I'm stuck.  He can't even decide on one person to stand up for him (would probably not have anyone if he had his 'druthers), and I'm just torn.  I don't think I can ask the girls; my youngest is in the Navy and may be deployed overseas soon, which would mean she wouldn't be home for the wedding.  I want one of my other daughters to sing, and my oldest is mommy to the two grandsons, so she'll have her hands really full.  Then we get into family.  My sister wasn't in my first wedding, but I don't know if it's what I want her role to be that day.  I don't really have any super-close friends that would feel right being up there with me, but I want to figure this out soon and NOT make a lousy choice.

And then there's the question of colors!  I wasn't this stressed last time.  How will I get through it all?  lol

Re: How do I choose?

• Who would you choose to help you bury a dead body?

If you want your daughters as BMs go for it. All they have to do is get the dress. So the one that has kids doesn't have to do anything else (unless she wants to) and you could still ask the military one if she can't make the wedding she still be in the programs, just as an Honorary BM.

Colors aren't a big deal. Just pick your favorite and your FI favorite.
  • Teddy917 said:
    Who would you choose to help you bury a dead body?
    Hahaha!  I'm afraid the people I might ask to help me bury a dead body wouldn't be the people I would want to stand up in my wedding!  jk
  • I agree with PP.  Also, they don't have to be ladies.  You can have men on your side of the wedding party if you want.
  • You could also skip attendants. My man and I have both been married before & aren't having any attendants. My kids are little...will be 10 & 11 by the wedding and really want to be FG & RB, but that's it for us. Just a thought:)
  • CommitmentCatCommitmentCat member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    EDIT: sorry.  my cat walked on my lap top and decided to post a reply of full stops.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards