Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Shaun David Photography

Has anyone heard of/used/had a friend use Shaun David Photography?

He offers incredibly low priced service including full rights to all the pictures which he says is because he has a full time job and wedding photography is his hobby so he doesn't have to charge for what a lot of other people do. We met with him and his wife who shoots with him and they were very nice, but I am fearful because I can find 0 reviews of him at all which is strange for someone doing weddings 12 years.

Part of me says go with a highly recommended person that I don't have to question about, but another part says if someone is good at taking photos and professional then thats really all you need.

Re: Shaun David Photography

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I considered using him, but then got spooked because of the lack of info out there.  I ended up meeting with a couple of other photographers that were all under $1500, but had many more reviews out there.  If you want any info on the other photographers I found, send me a private message. 
  • Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If he's been shooting weddings as a hobby for 12 years, there should be a lot more feedback out there about him or his wife. I'd be pretty leary and would personally pass on him as a photog. If you really like him and want to use him, ask for the names of couples he worked with, along with an email address or something. At least you could get some sort of feedback on him.

I also agree with M, there are other photogs out there that are under $1500, with good reputations and more reviews.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    pabluepablue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_shaun-david-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:cf900f72-624f-4393-a75a-665ab7da1eb0Post:a03615ed-0c3d-4c4f-9cb8-4a6251c8588f">Shaun David Photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone heard of/used/had a friend use Shaun David Photography?[/QUOTE]

<div>We used Shaun for our wedding last July. I have never heard someone worry because a price was too low before, but I guess when weddings are concerned we tend to expect to be exploited. Here is what we did, because honestly I would never spend that kind of money site unseen.</div><div>
    </div><div>We hired Shaun David Photography to do our engagement photos, then based on the results we hired him to shoot the wedding. Actually I had planned to hire three photographers to do engagement shoots. (The first, Dream was more of a nightmare.)  Shaun David did our second shoot and we stopped looking at that point because we were so delighted with his work.</div><div>
    </div><div>Let me also speak to digital rights. I won't use a photographer who refuses digital rights. A friend of mine got married in September and got a photographer from NYC who came to Pittsburgh, in part, because they provided digital rights. Personally I think in five years a photographer who does not provide these will be out of business in 5 to 10 years. it's old thinking that is changing and I see it as a sign of a good photographer who understands where the business is going.</div><div>
    </div><div> I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me any questions.</div>
  • Options
    bhansen814bhansen814 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in August of last year. I researched all over the internet because I didn't want to spend a fortune on wedding photos and I wanted the rights to all my pictures. My husband and I met with Shaun and instantly hired him. I too was aprehensive about what the pictures would look like but, they are beautiful!!! We got 5 DVDs of picutres that we were able to manipulate to black and white etc.  He even had them to us less than 10 days after the wedding.  He was very professional, prompt, and took every picture we requested. He even stayed the entire reception to make sure he got shots of the entire evening. We hired him 7 months before the wedding and he kept in contact with us, asking what specific pictures we wanted. He met with our pastor on the day of the wedding to ask where he could take pictures and if he could use his flash. Shaun and his assistant were both very professional and respectful of both my husband and I and our families. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer!! After using Shaun and getting such GREAT results I wonder why everyone else charges so much!!
  • Options
    realheidiroserealheidirose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Shaun David Photography for my wedding in May 2010. I am an artist and a perfectionist, and Shaun and Alana exceeded my expectations for wedding photography! They were very attentive, detail oriented and creative. They never missed a moment, and even stepped out of the box and got the unconventional shots that I requested. No other photographer that I know would have worked as hard as they did...and I know quite a few photographers being in the business that I am in!

They also gave me the 5 discs with over 1500 photos that they shot within a week after my wedding. The photos were absolutely amazing! They are true talents! If you are even thinking of getting married, Shaun David Photography is the best!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards