Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Is Universal life church legit?

We are wanting to have a friend marry us at our wedding. The main site we have heard about for getting ordained online is the universal life church monastery. Is it legit?

Re: Is Universal life church legit?

• Options
    I can't quite remember but I believe that is the one our friend went through to get ordained so he could officiate our wedding.

• Options
    It sounds familiar to me from a family member's wedding. 
  • Options
    It is legit, but their ordination isn't valid in all states. For example, I live in Pennsylvania, which doesn't recognize clergy who don't have a congregation. So you can have a friend get ordained online here.
  • Options
    Check into your local laws.  As a PP said, PA won't recognize an officiant from that ordination.  But some counties will allow your officiant to be deputized for the day in order to marry you.
  • Options
    It's legit, my sister got ordained through them so she can marry FI and I. Just make sure the ordination will be recognized where you're getting married.
  • Options
    It's definitely a legitimate church, and people can perform legal marriage ceremonies having been ordained from there. However, always check with local state, county, and municipal laws to be sure. The county clerk's office should have a marriage license FAQ page and/or a phone number you can call to ask.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards