New Jersey - South

Ocean City to Cape May?

laurenmortlaurenmort member
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
edited September 2013 in New Jersey - South
Hello,
My fiance and I are hoping to have our ceremony in Ocean City in a church. He is suggesting we expand our reception venue search to Cape May. I say it's too far to travel (many people will be coming south anyway). I know that people may just choose to skip the ceremony, but I just feel like although Cape May is beautiful, it's just unfair to ask people to travel to OC, then CM. Am I wrong?

I posted this here rather than a more popular board because people may better understand the distance here!

Re: Ocean City to Cape May?

• That is too far for your guests to travel.  A good rule of thumb is that it shouldn't take longer than 20 minutes to get from the Church to the reception hall.  And if you are marrying in the summer, that would really limit your search (maybe stretch the timing to 30 minutes if so).  Does it have to be a church in OC?  Can you get married in one of the churches in Cape May? 
  • We thought about a church in Cape May- I suppose we're still thinking about it. OC is pretty special to us and my parents are members of the parish in OC. I was thinking a half hour (w/ traffic) max. Thanks for the clarification :)
  • Check out Greate Bay!! We are getting married there on October 26 this year (YIKES) and our ceremony will hopefully be on 58th Street Beach in OC. If you do it on an off date (Friday or Sunday) - or in a non-standard month (November - March) it is less expensive.  Nicole has been FANTASTIC to work with :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I looked at Greate Bay this weekend. It is very nice! We have plenty of options within 25 minutes of OC, so we should be fine w/o Cape May. I'l use it as a last resort. Thanks :):)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards