Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

*We're Married!!*

We're married!! 

All of the hard work & planning over the last year completely paid off! :D It's such a great feeling, & the wedding went off without a hitch! I honestly thought there would be this huge 'void' in my life without the wedding planning, but it's been such a relief! I've loved every second of getting back to our regular routine & life without the planning! :) We just got our professional pictures back, & I'm hoping to have the thank-you cards designed & purchased in the next week. Does anyone know the proper time frame these should be sent out post wedding? We have been married a little over a month, & I'm thinking they should be sent out as soon as we get them. (Within the next week & a half). Is my assumption correct? 

Other than the thank-you cards, what else do I need to get done now? I know I need to get my wedding dress cleaned/preserved, ordering our wedding license, (to change my name), then everything that goes with the process of changing my name, & I'm planning on having prints made of our pictures, for us/family etc. So with that all lined up, I'm just trying to think if I'm missing anything? 

Thanks for any suggestions!! 

*J

Re: *We're Married!!*

• Options
    You should have already sent thank-you notes by now since you have been married for a month. So do that ASAP.
  • Options
    JMalettasJMalettas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013
     I just ordered the thank-you cards yesterday! So I'll be on them as soon as they come in! The only reason we waited, was because I wanted to include professional wedding pictures on them. (That we just got back). The company we're using, we've ordered from before, & they're usually pretty quick. So I'm hopeful that they'll be in sometime next week! :) 

*J
  • Options
    Congrats! We just got back from our honeymoon and I thought I would feel a "void" too, but I don't! I have this sense of calm and peace I didn't even know I was missing until now! Now hubby and I are excited for our next journey hopefully into home-ownership! <3

Any pictures? (I posted a few in a thread on this board).

Have you been able to change your name? When I got back from the honeymoon the government shutdown happened so now I can't change my name with social security!

Congrats again!

Anniversary
  • Options
    JMalettasJMalettas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2013
     Congrats to you too!! It's a great feeling, isn't it?? :) We definitely love just enjoying marriage, and being back into our regular routines! My hubbie & I love to travel, so that's what we're up to, now that the wedding stuff is over! We went to Costa Rica for our honeymoon, (which was *amazing*), and have our next trip booked for Feb in Cuba. So we're definitely looking forward to that! :) We haven't started house hunting quite yet. We're torn between 'where' exactly we want to live. We know we want to stay in Canada, but we're not sure if we're going to stay in the city we're in. It's a hard decision! We don't have kids yet though, so that definitely makes the choice slightly easier!

I don't have any pictures posted on here yet! I've been thinking of it though! I'm not even quite sure how to go about posting them. :S

I haven't changed my name yet! I'm not sure how it works in the US, but here, you have to mail your marriage license away, then once the govt has record of it, you can get a copy sent to you. It takes around 10 weeks for them to get it apparently. We've applied/paid for the copy, but they don't have record of it yet. (We've been married 8 weeks tomorrow). So I'm hoping it gets here soon! Once you have that copy, you can go ahead & change your name on everything. I'm patiently waiting! (Lol). 

Where abouts did you two go for your honeymoon? If you've never been to Costa Rica, I definitely recommend it for a future trip! 

Congrats again!! :)

*J

• Options

Congrats! It's the best feeling in the world!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards