Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Vistaprint??

So I'm still on the search for places to get my STDs printed! I noticed Vistaprint does 4x8 full color front and back cards (I am having a terrible time finding places that will do 4x8 front and back) and wanted to see everyone's experiences with Vistaprint? How is the color quality? What about the paper quality?

The prices are really great but it kind of worries me doing everything online. I am the type of person who likes to go to a 'brick and mortar' place and that is my only worry with using Vistaprint.

Any experiences/suggestions would be great! TIA!

Re: Vistaprint??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used VistaPrint for my rehearsal dinner invites. The colors came out really nice- very vibrant and clear. I only had color on one side though. I did oversized postcards, and thought the paper quality was good. I believe I have a pic of them in my bio...

ETA: The pics are under "details." Not the best pictures, but you can get the idea.
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks K! Just took a look at your bio and they looked great! Thanks for the info! :)
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i love vistaprint. i used them for our photo cards and for our rack cards that were placed in each guests car. they always look really nice. oh, i also did our TY cards through vistaprint and got so many compliments! they're so cute, i love them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did oversized post cards through VP and they turned out great!  They held up nicely through the mail too (I didn't put them in envelops).  I actually had them printed twice, as the quality on the first print was not that great.  It was my fault however, nothing VP did.  Do you get their emails? If not, I can send you some specials. 
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used them for STDs, OOT Rack Cards, RD invites, and TY notes.
    Colors are true and print quality is decent.

It is not going to be as flawless as an offset printer, but they look good.

You'll have to pay a bit extra for color on the back, and make sure you select the same finish front and back. Standard is glossy on the front (with color) and matte on the back (B&W).

I do work with a lot of printers in town that can do a 4x8 front and back rack card. It's not going to be as cheap as Vista Print, but they will be local and you can see a proof. Let me know if you want recs.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Duq - I don't currently get their emails - I would love you to forward me some specials :)

Nunu - Omg I would LOVE some recs! That would be fabulous! I'm trying to do this from OOT and my mom is trying to look into print shops but she's not finding anything - If you wouldn't mind, I would love the recs you have!! Thanks!! :)
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've used VISTA print several times for return address labels, large stickers for our OOT bags, and photoshare cards for the reception.  I've opted for the glossy finish each time- standard for stickers and cards at least is matte- and I've been happy with the colors and quality.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    G-- You got PM.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Nunu!! YGPM back!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like VistaPrint-if you look in my bio the menu cards, STD's and photoshare cards were all pritned with Vista.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just wondering since we're talking about VP -- does it actually end up saying "vistaprint" on it somewhere? I know I've seen something out there with "vistaprint" on the back of it but it may just be on the back of those "free" business cards they are always offering.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good question, and now that I'm thinking about it I can't remember about some pieces!  Our return address labels and our big bag stickers definitely don't say Vistaprint on them anywhere. 

I used the free business cards to create photoshare cards for the tables at the wedding, but they're in Pittsburgh and I won't be seeing them again until July... hopefully one of the other ladies will jump in with an answer.

I will say that most of the "postcard" type STDs or bridal shower invites I've received have mentioned the name of the printer on the back, in small print at the bottom.  I know for sure that Wedding Paper Divas postcard invites do this, but it's never bothered me at all, FWIW.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, I don't recall the oversized postcards saying Vistaprint, but I'll have to check when I get home- I'm curious now! Even if it is on there, it's definitely not noticiable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards