Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Attire for the Groom & Groomsmen

I'm wondering if you think this will look ok ... 

I want black & a tie not a bow tie, no vest, no big scarfy things ...  My fiancee doesn't care whatsoever, he's not exactly a fashionista LOL.   

Our wedding is 12.27, 5:30pm, girls are in black... colors are black, silver & red.  Black Suit & Black long tie - does that work or is it not formal enough?

Re: Attire for the Groom & Groomsmen

• Options

A black suit with a black tie is fine.

Bowties are not required, nor are tuxedos.

• Options
    That sounds just fine.
  • Options
    I think it sounds lovely, very classy.
  • Options
    Sounds nice.  Made me think of Don Draper (in a good way)
  • Options
    Especially for  5:30pm wedding, a black suit is certainly appropriate over a black tuxedo. The look you have explained is modern yet still classy and sophisticated. I'm sure it will look great!

We are having a later, black tie wedding, and my FI will be wearing a tuxedo, but with a long, narrow (not skinny) tie and no vest. The groomsmen and fathers will have a similar tux/tie combo, but we are adding in a black vest. You have a lot of options when it comes to menswear; it sounds like you made a great choice :)
  • Options
    He'll be fine, and if you are having groomsmen, you can have him wear a different color then the men, like a silver/gray tie to stand out as the groom
  • Options
    Personally I don't like bow ties! I love the look of a black suit and black tie! Also if the men all have a suit that they own, it will look much better than a rented tux! My husband recently wore a rented tux and it looked horrible on him, however in a suit that is meant for him, he looks great! Jen jen@evolutionofstyle.com
  • Options
    I agree with Erikan73! We are having the guys in tan suits but they all have different shades of pink ties! 
    Married 11/12/05 ~ Renewed Our Vows 11/9/13. 

"The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards