Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Is it ok to charge guests a fee for lodging?

My fiance and I have found the perfect location for our wedding and ceremony.  We got a heck of a deal. The total cost includes 4 cabins along with many other amenity's. Many of our guest will be coming from out of town. Should we charge guests that want to use these? If so, how do we figure up the cost for individual cabins? There is a lodge just minutes away with great discounts for our wedding guests.
We are considering just letting our parents have these. However, since we are getting married and having the reception in the outdoor area between these cabins they may be more comfortable at the lodge up the road.  Suggestions?

Re: Is it ok to charge guests a fee for lodging?

• Options
    Good grief...What i mean is ... we are considering letting our parents have the cabins but since everything is happening right in the middle of the cabins our folks may be more comfortable at the lodge.

• Options
    No you should not charge your guests to use the cabins.  By charging them you are basically asking them to fund your venue.  I know that is not what you are meaning at all but that is how it will come across.  You chose the venue so you should pay for the whole thing.

I would offer these lodges up to your family and close friends/wedding party, but free of charge.  If no one wants them then no biggie.

• Options
    What about using them as areas for you to get ready in or hang out in before the ceremony? One for the boys, one for the girls and the other two cabins, well those could be put aside in case you have any eldrely guests that may need to lay down at some point, or if you have kids coming, parents can use one of the cabins as a nap area (maybe put a baby monitor in it if one would reach from where the cabin is to ceremony/receptin area as a convenience) or as an emergency back up for any guests who may drink too much to even drive down the road to the lodge.
  • Options
    My fiance and I have found the perfect location for our wedding and ceremony.  We got a heck of a deal. The total cost includes 4 cabins along with many other amenity's. Many of our guest will be coming from out of town. Should we charge guests that want to use these? If so, how do we figure up the cost for individual cabins? There is a lodge just minutes away with great discounts for our wedding guests.
    We are considering just letting our parents have these. However, since we are getting married and having the reception in the outdoor area between these cabins they may be more comfortable at the lodge up the road.  Suggestions?
    Absolutely not. 
  • Options

Why is this on the Attire and Accessories board?

And it's amenities not amenity's

• Options
    If you don't want to use the cabins for other purposes, just offer them to others free of charge.  You've already paid for them, just let this be a gift.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards