Registry and Gift Forum
Options

myregistry.com

Has anyone used it?

I had trouble scanning anything to it at BBB, so I'm going to BBB and setting that up separately, and set up a house fund on registry.com. We are blessed to have a home to move into, but it needs repairs.

How has it worked for you?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: myregistry.com

• Options
    I used it, but I used it to register for actual items from different websites. It is hugely inappropriate to 'register' for money in any way, which is what your house fund would be. Trust me, people are well aware that money is always appreciated as a gift. Just keep your BBB registry small and when people ask about gifts, spread the word that you are saving for a house.
  • Options
    Why not set up a small registry at home depot or lowes? People will get the hint.

Anniversary
  • Options
    We did not register. 75% of people gave us money. 20% gift cards. 5% physical presents they picked for us. 
    People know that cash is always appreciated - but don't ask for it - Especially on a website that charges fees and takes a cut. Set ups a small registry or none at all and when people ask you can tell them you are saving for repairs to the house.
    I like the idea of registering for tools to work on the house! Sears, Lowes, Home Depot and Menards all have registries. Or an Amazon.com registry if you don't have any local B&M stores like these around you.
    GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Thank you everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards