Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

tipping

This never even came to my mind, but I didn't realize we should tip our vendors. Did everyone tip your vendors? And if so what ones did you tip? Thanks!

Re: tipping

• Options
    jennybean2010jennybean2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i know that you are supposed to tip your vendors, but i haven't figured out how much. considering the wedding is in 10 days, i suppose we should figure that out!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If your vendor owns the company (say, an independent photographer) there is no need to tip because they are getting the full profit.  I tipped between 10-20% depending on the service and the amount of work they put in (the DJ put in a lot of work with us before and during, but the shuttle driver just showed up that day and made a few prescheduled runs.  I never even met him!

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto, Colleen.  She put it exactly how I would... only more eloquent. 

I tipped our hairstylists because we went to the salon.  I didn't tip Clare, the make up artist, because she's primarily working for herself and gets the money straight.  I didn't tip our trolley driver because it was figured into the price.  I didn't tip the photog because she's owns her own company.

You kind of have to take it as an individual basis and just use your best judgement. 

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We tipped the limo driver (mandatory), shuttle driver, bartender (she was already receiving a built in gratuity but she did such a great job my Dad gave her more), and the hair dresser (again, did a great job). I think that was it?

Like everyone else said, it just sort of depends. HTH!

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone all of my vendors except the limo driver owns their company, so I will use my discretion Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards