Chit Chat
Options

NWR - iOS7

Anybody else download iOS7 yet? I just can't get over how different the look is! I can't decide whether I like it or not, but it's definitely going to take some getting used to!

Re: NWR - iOS7

• Options
    Tell me more!
  • Options

Everything looks so different! They changed up all the icons, changed up the colors in the pre-installed apps. The fading in/out of apps is different too, FI says its more like androids now.

One thing that's kinda cool is when you double click the home button, instead of just bringing up your open apps, it also brings up screenshots of exactly where you are or what you're doing in each app.
  • Options
    I downloaded it. I hate it. I am NOT a fan of it. At all. I liked my iPhone the way it was. If I had wanted an Android, I would have bought an Android. I did not want an Android. 

Not.A.Fan.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    I downloaded it. I hate it. I am NOT a fan of it. At all. I liked my iPhone the way it was. If I had wanted an Android, I would have bought an Android. I did not want an Android. 

Not.A.Fan.
    There isn't even a way to go back to the old one either huh?
    I think the more I mess with it, the less I like it. Some of the new features are nice, but overall I think it's too drastic of a change. I've stuck with Apple for the sole reason that they're nothing like androids, so I'm disappointed that they're trying to hard to be like them now.
  • Options
    Thank you, Kayla.
  • Options
    No, once you update, you're stuck. 

Yeah, I stuck with Apple for the same reason -- if I had wanted an Android, I would have gotten one. I liked iPhones because they WEREN'T like Androids. I don't get the imitation. At this rate, with the OS similarity, I'll be looking for non-Apple phones when I upgrade in a year or so. I mean, if my iPhone is just like an Android, why not get an Android?
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Exactly!

I'd just be bummed about losing out on all the money I've invested into this thing with music and apps. I'd hate to have to start all over on an android!

• Options
    I don't like it, but I don't have a cell, so I'm only not happy with the layout on DH's phone.  It doesn't actually affect me too much.  But I'm not usually a fan of change either.  I don't like the look.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  ;)

• Options
    /shrug I like my android :P but it does sound pretty similar. FI hasn't updated his yet and most likely won't since he read some reviews on it.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    It's way to colorful for me. I am not a big fan of the layout, however, I do like some of the changes. Siri now has a male British voice. I feel so proper when asking him where the nearest bathroom is.
  • Options
    We downloaded it on all of our Apple devices and I like it.  It's definitely different, but it's the first real change to the GUI since the introduction of the iPhone.  

@moemacWed30594-how do I get the male British voice?  I need that!  
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013

@radleyboo- Go into Settings, General, Siri and you can chnage the language (English UK) and voice gender (male)

It does sound computerized though.

• Options

DH & I just ordered our 5s phones today! Online, not waiting in line at a store...

Neither of us have enough storage on our old iphones to try the new ios.

• Options
    I downloaded it and it didn't look very different.  Then I realized there was a previous update (iOS6) that must've come out that I never downloaded!  :P   Will be downloading iOS7 soon.  I've heard mixed reviews.
  • Options
    DH just geeked out and bought the new IPhone.  Trying to figure out if I want his old one or if I should just stick with my retro cool landline

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards