Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Wow..

Banning someone because you think that there MAY be impending drama is a serious abuse of mod powers.  A previous mod got in trouble for banning someone who had a legitimately offensive signature picture, and her actions behind banning the poster were way more justifiable than these.

11-15-08
12-1-10

Re: Wow..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Who got banned?

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Brian Biatano person has posted here before, and has been clearly labeled as a troll. The board is not for trolls, but for people planning a wedding.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_wow-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:d2534551-e6ab-46a1-9003-4a38f062cf95Post:3fa7c656-adbd-4faf-914c-f6df24fe5330">Re: Wow..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Who got banned?
    Posted by kbielak17[/QUOTE]

The troll got banned.

NTM-- All her posts were deleted within one second, even though they didn't contain anything offensive.

FWIW-- I am not the troll.

I agree with Stace-- what's the problem here? And why won't you reply to us below? We know you are around and posting to KR, but you can't answer our simple question of who the troll was making fun off? Grow up!
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, I am assuming that you are the troll, which is kind of weird...
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Boitano's wife.  While I am not Boitano's wife, I know who is, and that the post was actually not offensive whatsoever (if it was me, trust me, it would have been much more offensive).  It was poking fun at posts here, but it wasn't offensive.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_wow-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:d2534551-e6ab-46a1-9003-4a38f062cf95Post:97adca14-99f0-45cd-b603-aa5674e510e6">Re: Wow..</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Brian Biatano person has posted here before, and has been clearly labeled as a troll. The board is not for trolls, but for people planning a wedding.
    Posted by jlbaxter33[/QUOTE]

Where in the mod handbook does it say you can ban a troll who didn't do anything offensive?
    Please quote it!
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why the hell would N be a troll?  I think she doesn't have any problem telling you exactly what she thinks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't see your question Nunu, I'm sorry. I banned b/c the poster is clearly a troll who has posted before, I don't see how that is an abuse of powers. I'm sorry, if you disagree with my decision.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_wow-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:d2534551-e6ab-46a1-9003-4a38f062cf95Post:97adca14-99f0-45cd-b603-aa5674e510e6">Re: Wow..</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Brian Biatano person has posted here before, and has been clearly labeled as a troll. The board is not for trolls, but for people planning a wedding.
    Posted by jlbaxter33[/QUOTE]

<div>JL!  That's just silly.  There are trolls all over all of TK/TN/TB boards that say/do way worse stuff and never get banned!!  The boards are for entertainment as much as wedding planning!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I need to be quicker, stuff apparently got deleted before I even saw it.

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe this is why the board is always dead. With no one sticking around or even staying to see their weddings through.

One question and they are off! Nothing to gain from posting here, it seems.

There's not even polls anymore since JenFemme got married (psst... that's the mod's job).
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think she meant that she thought that I was a troll.  Which is dumb, because those that have been around know that, like Nunu, I say what I'm thinking without the use of an AE.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_wow-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:d2534551-e6ab-46a1-9003-4a38f062cf95Post:53b6a258-b96a-425f-97cf-bf997fb4e1a9">Re: Wow..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow.. : JL!  That's just silly.  There are trolls all over all of TK/TN/TB boards that say/do way worse stuff and never get banned!!  The boards are for entertainment as much as wedding planning!
    Posted by .KRM.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. You can't ban someone just because they're not planning a wedding (are married ladies not allowed on the board?) or are not part of your uber-mushy good morning posts where you kiss each other's butts.

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_wow-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:d2534551-e6ab-46a1-9003-4a38f062cf95Post:bb7d1f56-fa14-4338-8c16-99a092659e05">Re: Wow..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow.. : Agreed. You can't ban someone just because they're not planning a wedding (are married ladies not allowed on the board?) <strong>or are not part of your uber-mushy good morning posts where you kiss each other's butts.</strong>

nice!
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Loooooooooool, Karen.  

I can't even read the GM posts anymore, hahaha.  They are a sickening sweet love fest of supportive unicorns pooping rainbows and hearts.  

Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Regardless, you snarky former brides have made this afternoon go by fast.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup, entertainment usually helps the day go faster.

I do contribute legitimate answers on here sometimes, but many current posters don't seem too enthused at having some of the married ladies here to comment. In general there's not much incentive to be involved.

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_wow-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:d2534551-e6ab-46a1-9003-4a38f062cf95Post:98f6b223-866d-4451-ad17-2ecc04be68f3">Re: Wow..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yup, entertainment usually helps the day go faster. I do contribute legitimate answers on here sometimes, but many current posters don't seem too enthused at having some of the married ladies here to comment. In general there's not much incentive to be involved.

<div>Ditto, Karen!  I contribute on here still and I agree.  I really feel like no one is looking actual input anymore...everyone is just looking for affirmation for their own ideas (ie: lovefest) and any criticism (even if it is warranted!) is just plain rejected and not even responded to!  If you disagree, at least respond!  A healthy debate is a good thing!</div>

Search & Win
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree as well.  I think we can all agree that during the planning process- we may have gotten a little carried away with a few things.  Its nice to have that base of women to ground you.  Ladies who have been through it all before and can let you know what- in the end- is important, and what really just isn't worth worrying about.
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel like I must comment and say that it was easy to walk away before my wedding because the fun of being on here everyday went away when the puppies and rainbows showed up. Brides need to hear once and a while that not everthing is a good idea because, well not everything is a good idea.

Oh and gaining the thoughts of women who have already been through the entire wedding day process used to be the beauty of this board. Now that they get banned and get bored it's a snooze fest most of the time.
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JL - You really shouldn't ban people that you believe are trolls. It isn't a legitimate reason to ban someone. You should deal with it differently as a mod instead of just hitting buttons to ban someone. Trolls can be fun if you all could just roll with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree the board has really changed. I've likely missed all the old timers checking in here, but wish I knew where you guys were hanging out posting during the day. Itwas a lot of fun back in they day. I have to log on to tk via my bb, and it's usually not worth effort since the board is dead. I miss all you guys!!!!!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards