Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Walking down the aisle alone?

I am thinking about walking down the aisle by myself. I do not have a close relationship with my father and I do not feel like he should be the one "giving me away". I have not said anything to anyone about this but my fiance, and he told me it is my choice. I am torn on what to do, mostly b/c I really have no relationship with my father and don't want to put on a fake front for my guest when most of them know about my relationship with my father and would never think twice about me walking alone. HELP! 

Re: Walking down the aisle alone?

•  
    I am thinking about walking down the aisle by myself. I do not have a close relationship with my father and I do not feel like he should be the one "giving me away". I have not said anything to anyone about this but my fiance, and he told me it is my choice. I am torn on what to do, mostly b/c I really have no relationship with my father and don't want to put on a fake front for my guest when most of them know about my relationship with my father and would never think twice about me walking alone. HELP! 

You can walk with your mother, another relative, a sibling, a friend...or by yourself.

No big deal.

p.s. You'll want to use a different screen name if you post again on this site. This is an international forum, so you probably shouldn't be sharing your full name. Always best to keep the Interwebz crazies away...

• You could also walk in with your FI.  Pick who you want to walk with or go alone!  This decision should not be made by anyone except you!
  • My husband and I walked down the aisle together. You should do whatever you feel comfortable with!
  • I'm not walking with anyone either.  If anyone asks "Is your father walking you down the aisle"  just say "No, he isn't.  I am walking down the aisle by myself" and then change the subject.  Also, don't worry about hurting anyone's feelings as he doesn't have "the right" to walk you down the aisle or give you away, especially if you two aren't close.
  • I agree. It's totally up to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards