Wedding Party
Options

Bachelorette party ideas for mixed age group

My bridesmaids range in age from 16 (my sister) to 28. If you've been to a bachelorette party with such a mixed group, what kinds of things worked well and were fun? I would love it if my sister could be involved in the whole thing - it would feel wrong to have dinner with her and then go out to a bar and have to leave her behind.

Disclaimer: I'm not planning my own party, but my MOH wants a general idea of what I want so that she can plan it.

Re: Bachelorette party ideas for mixed age group

• Options
    edited September 2013
    aniluisa said:
    My bridesmaids range in age from 16 (my sister) to 28. If you've been to a bachelorette party with such a mixed group, what kinds of things worked well and were fun? I would love it if my sister could be involved in the whole thing - it would feel wrong to have dinner with her and then go out to a bar and have to leave her behind.

Disclaimer: I'm not planning my own party, but my MOH wants a general idea of what I want so that she can plan it.
    If you want to do the bar thing, just choose one where it's a restaurant/bar that doesn't have an age limit. 

I don't know what you're into or where you live, but other fun ideas would be lunch and a spa day, zip lining, tubing down a river, a dueling piano bar, a comedy show, a beach day, a baseball game, renting a lake house for a night... that's all I can think of right now. Most activities are fine for that age range if you're not into cliche bach things like giant blow up penises and lifesaver t-shirts at the bar, KWIM?

ETA: spelling
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    aniluisa said:

Take a limo to the nearest "big city" and go out to eat at a fancy restaurant

Go to a music festival or concert

See a play or musical

Take a boat cruise if you're near the ocean or a major lake/river

• Options
    aniluisa said:

Mine ended up being an all day thing. To include the younger ladies we did brunch, went out to froyo, nails done, then the older gals went out to dinner and bar hopped.
  • Options
    I've only been to one bachelorette party. We went on a lunch cruise on Lake Michigan, saw an acrobatic show, ate dinner at her mom's house and then went to a bar. We were all 21+.

My sister is planning mine. We were talking about going to a hotel with an indoor waterpark. Might end up just spending the night at a hotel with a nice pool. She can't drink for health reasons so the party will probably be mostly dry. Or at least have some non-alcoholic options for drinks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We did dinner and then a comedy club and then had a sleepover. It was fun!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

I also have some people that don't drink or really party so we're going to start the evening with pizza and drinks (if they want) at my house, and we're going to have a psychic do readings.  Then, later on, the people that want to do the bar scene are going to go out together.

• Options
    I was MOH for a pregnant friend when I was 21 and she was 20 and since it wasn't the traditional situation of everyone being old enough/able to drink or go to a bar, I put together a bachelorette scavenger hunt that I found online which took us shopping and all over the place. We ended the night at a restaurant for dinner and everyone had a ball :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards