Snarky Brides

She took my ring off my finger!

I went to visit FI's mom yesterday to see how she was recovering from rotator cuff surgery. Her co-worker stopped by while we were there (a 28 yr old woman) & FMIL said for me to show this woman my ring. I held my hand out to show her, she took my hand and took my ring off (my ring needs to be sized down a little)and put it on her ring finger & admired it!!! I couldn't believe it! I didn't say anything but what makes you think you can do that????

Re: She took my ring off my finger!

• I would have said something. That's horrible.
  • That's way out of line. I can't imagine doing that to anyone.  I probably would have said, "Excuse me, please give it back."  
  • Wtf. I can see that from a best friend or sister but that's super weird coming from someone you just met. 
  • I'm sorry, but no one takes things off your hand without your permission. Unless your reflexes are extremely slow (and I apologize if they are), this is within your control. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I'm sorry, but no one takes things off your hand without your permission. Unless your reflexes are extremely slow (and I apologize if they are), this is within your control. 
    Indeed. 
  • I would have had a hard time not swatting at her. How rude!
  • I would have clenched my fist to prevent her from doing that. Not cool.
  • I turned away to look at my FI as he said something so I wasn't looking at my hand and like I said, it needs to be sized down a little bit (bit never falls off my finger) so it was easy for her to do it. I never expected it and didn't want to cause a scene in front of his mother who is recuperating from surgery.
  • I'm just going to assume that it was loose enough for her to slide it off so quickly you were just to shocked to be able to stop it in time. 

I myself am shy but I would've grabbed it ring back off of her finger and put it back on. 

No one should ever do something like that without asking for you to hand it to them to try it on themselves.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would tell his mother to stop doing that. How rude of her to make u uncomfortable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards