Flowers

Centerpiece Flowers-Use Real or Silk?

I would love to have real flowers as my centerpieces, but I know that would be expensive for us.  So is it okay to use silk flowers?  Any DIY suggestions?

Re: Centerpiece Flowers-Use Real or Silk?

• To use silk flowers that look just as nice as real can cost as much, if not more, then real flowers.

What type of centerpieces were you thinking of?

• Oh my, still deciding on the centerpieces.  But I do know I want small and not overwhelming. 
  • I agree with @Maggie0829 - cheap silk flowers never look good. 

We got a great deal on our flowers by being flexible. In other words, I didn't HAVE to have roses or lilies, and nothing HAD to be a certain color/hue. I told our florist to just make colorful arrangements with local, in-season flowers and I was shocked at how inexpensive it was. If you aren't picky, you can do real flowers for cheap. Set up a few appointments with various florists and have them give you quotes.
    *********************************************************************************

• Get a budget for your centerpieces and go to a florist and tell him/her what you would like and what you can afford and see what they can do.
  • Flowers that are in season can be pretty affordable.  Our floral centerpieces are only $15/ea and includes the price of the vase.
  • That's a good deal.  Hmmm, now to find a loca florist that can get me that deal...lol  :-)

• awright65 said:

That's a good deal.  Hmmm, now to find a loca florist that can get me that deal...lol  :-)

Use TK's vendor search and google "florist (your city)". Make appointments with several to tell them what you want and ask for quotes. 
    *********************************************************************************

• awright65 said:

That's a good deal.  Hmmm, now to find a loca florist that can get me that deal...lol  :-)

Use TK's vendor search and google "florist (your city)". Make appointments with several to tell them what you want and ask for quotes. 
    And to add to this, make sure you are up front about your budget so they have a better idea about what they can offer you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards