September 2014 Weddings
Options

Negativity

I will admit that my fiance (sounds good) have had our ups down. We've been together going on 18 yrs and even once started planning a wedding and he backed out.  And I've shared these with my friends.  Now that I tell them that we're getting married, I'm getting a lot of fake "i'm happy for you".  While I can understand their doubts, it hurts a bit that they are not happy for me.  suggestions on how i can overlook their negativity and get ready for our big day.

Re: Negativity

• Options
    A real friend will support you in any decision you make...even if they don't think it is the right one. You are an adult and are the only person that can determine your own happiness. I would just focus on the wedding and on the people that are positive and just prove the other ones wrong. Their is no time for negativity in wedding planning. ;)
  • Options
    When we or our friends go through ups and downs with our man, we confide in each other and then create how we think that person isn't good enough for our friend. Just understand that many of us forget that we can't attach our feelings to others lives because we don't like it or frm something that we've heard. I say it's not in my house I don't have to live that life so more power to you. If you're happy and things are on the right path then go for it, but if it's something weighing heavy on your heart of what they think, maybe you should have a sit down and hear what they have to say and explain to them that you are truly happy. After that if they're not on board, no need for them to be included.  Hope all this makes sense.
  • Options
    A quote I saw today that is interesting...

"The lion doesn't lose sleep over the opinions of the sheep."

You need to make yourself happy, end of story.  Your friends will come around!  Just keep staying positive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm trying but right now it seems that the tension around my friends are just too thick. I'm afraid that not many will come.
  • Options
    I love what "dpelkey724" quoted!!! I say they are not your Real friends! Seriously do what you need to do to be happy, the only people that should matter are you and your husband, at the end of the day this is who you are waking up to every morning, not your friends. Live your life and cut out the negativity..... Good Luck
  • Options
    The proof will be in the pudding dear.  Let them see how happy you are and also how successful your relationship is.  In the future you may want to keep your problems with your fiancee private.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards