Illinois-Chicago
Options

Mother of the Bride

Ok ladies...quick question...my Mom wanted me to ask...is it totally inappropriate for the mother of the bride to wear a black dress? I told her I didn't mind, but that's not enough....your thoughts???

Re: Mother of the Bride

• Options
    I personally don't think so at all, but hey, I don't follow all the guidelines you're "supposed to." I think as long as everyone is comfortable and happy, and if YOU don't mind, I think all the better.

If you want a super traditional opinion, you should try a cross post on the etiquette board if you have not already.
  • Options
    No, your mom can wear whatever she wants. Black is fine.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I came very close to wearing black, but ended up with navy. The MOG did wear black, and she looked lovely.
  • Options
    Both weddings I was in last year the MOB wore a mostly black outfit. The one had a black dress with a black jacket with white/gray flowers on it. The other wore a black dress with a sparkly belt. They both looked very nice.

She should wear whatever makes her feel most beautiful.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
     We had a black and white wedding, and not only did MOB and MOG wear black,but about 90% of the female guests wore a black dress.  We didn't plan it that way, we didn't ask them to, they just did, and it was fine
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards