Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Vendor Reviews

We were married on 9/7/2013 in Maplewood, MN.

Dress: David's Bridal Oakdale, MN = A
I really liked working with David's Bridal. I found my dress a year before my wedding and they made it so easy order. It came in about 9 days! I do not like that their shoe styles change so much--it's hard to get all your bridesmaids to agree and when we finally found one they quickly sold out.

Alternations: Louise Kegley, St. Paul, MN = A
Louise is a JOY to work with. She added cap sleeves and a bustle to my gown and was extremely reasonable. She is such a fun lady! She also let my stepmom and I work on my veil during appointments.

Tuxedos: Men's Warehouse Oakdale, MN = F
We hated working with Men's Warehouse. They were unhelpful and their "mobile link" never worked. Ever. The tuxes were overpriced and we were appalled at the lack of customer service. I will never go there again.

Save-the Dates: Vistaprint = A
Cheap, fast, pretty, and reliable.

Invitations: Ann's Bridal Bargains = A
I got an amazing deal but I did not put stickers to seal the envelopes. We had missing and open wedding invites. I would have expected better glue but overall the invitations were beautiful and inexpensive.

Florist: Annie B= A
A family friend provided BEAUTIFUL bouquets and arrangements.

Cake: Emily's Bakery, Hastings, MN= A
The cake was yummy and our "cut" cake was cute and exactly what I wanted. We fed 167 people sheet cake for $118! Plus, Noreen squeezed us in at the last moment.

DJ: Neon-Express Entertainment, MN = C
Our DJ was inexpensive. However, at one point, he almost seemed annoyed with me and my guests for requesting songs. But, he did a great job with our introduction and our slideshow.

Photographer: Nikki Tran Photography, MN = A
Nikki and her husband Paul were a JOY to work with--they are so talented and sweet. Our photos are so beautiful and they made the day so fun. Please check them out!!!

Ceremony: Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Church, Maplewood, MN= A
Our church was wonderful. Karen, the on-site coordinator, made things so easy. I highly recommend this beautiful church!

Party Bus: Fun Run Party Bus, St. Paul, MN = A
Do I dare say that the bus was the best part of the day? Windows down, music blaring, it was sooooo fun! We got an amazing deal of a full size bus for the price of a mini-coach. 

Reception: Hastings Country Club, Hastings, MN = A+++++++
Hastings was the perfect venue! The food was delicious, the grounds gorgeous, and they let us take a golf cart for photos on the course. All of our guests LOVED Hastings and I hope I get to attend a wedding there soon!!!!!! Kari Jo is the BEST. Please get married here! No food minimums, no charge for linens or cake cutting, it is truly the best deal in town.

Accommodations: Country Inn & Suites, Cottage Grove, MN = B
We loved that we received a free room and free guest shuttles to and from the reception. However, many guests were told there were no rooms when there were plenty.

I was lucky to receive hair and make-up by make-up artist friends as well as by having a friend play the harp at our ceremony. My maid of honor and I made all of our mason jar centerpieces. I made all the wedding signage and programs. Don't be afraid to ask your friends and family to share their talents.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards