Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Having trouble finding wedding stationary

Hi everyone, I don't know if I'm alone with this problem or if there are others out there, but I'm looking for wedding invitations that are more alternative than the normal fancy (girly!) type that seems to be flooding the market! I'm a professional photographer, and really arty and into more edgy 'out there' kind of design. All I can find online seems to be the same, (boring and frilly!) there's nothing clever or alternative as far as I can see. Is anyone else having the same problem?? If so have you come up with any solutions or have you found any company out there doing more edgy unusual design? I am seriously pressed for time with my job, otherwise I'd design and make them myself!! Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Re: Having trouble finding wedding stationary

• Options
    Sometimes you can find unique stuff on Etsy. Often times the vendors will be willing to tweak the design to what you want.
  • Options
    I bought mine off Etsy. They have everything from traditional to seriously out-there, and at a wide range of prices. Minted also has a lot of cool designs, all from independent designers.
  • Options

I bought mine from a company called Shine Wedding Invitations.

I found them originally through Etsy...so definitely do some exploring.

http://www.shineweddinginvitations.com/

• Options
    Thanks a million for the replies girls, I will definitely check out etsy and those other sites. Do many people actually buy from etsy without meeting the designer or seeing the invite in person first? Seems a bit risky. Or maybe they send you a sample before you pay in full... Have many of you done this? Thanks again!
  • Options
    You very rarely meet an Etsy seller because they're located all over the world. Some invitation sellers do sell invite samples if you feel that's necessary. I ordered printed invitations and a hand-calligraphied Quaker marriage certificate from different sellers. In both cases, the sellers had 100% positive ratings. They each prepared digital proofs for me that I reviewed before they shipped my orders, so I knew exactly what I was getting.

I'm kind of an Etsy addict and have bought tons of things from there, with very, very few negative experiences. Most sellers are polite and professional and willing to work with you because their success depends on positive reviews.
  • Options
    Clionaq said:
    Thanks a million for the replies girls, I will definitely check out etsy and those other sites. Do many people actually buy from etsy without meeting the designer or seeing the invite in person first? Seems a bit risky. Or maybe they send you a sample before you pay in full... Have many of you done this? Thanks again!

I had no issues with ordering my invitations online.

We received electronic drafts of the invite and insert to approve.

Well actually, we were "short" on a few belly bands, but all I had to do was email my rep from Shine and they were shipped out next day air. So I don't really count it as an "issue" with such great service.

• Options
    Hi, i noticed that you said you are a professional photographer, so i think it will be a good choice for you to pick up some photos to print on your wedding stationery. And our sale data shows that photo wedding invitation stationery is becoming more and more popular for it is creative and unique.
    I am the owner of this website: www.happyinvitation.com, if you have any questions, contact me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards