Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Outdoor ceremony in Twin Cities, MN

peterd2peterd2 member
edited September 2013 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
I'm helping my niece search for outdoor venues for 175 guests. We've already checked out the "featured" venues. She doesn't want a golf course or community center, but something more rustic and open. We loved some of the venues we found near Stillwater but they were already booked for September 2014. Any ideas?

Re: Outdoor ceremony in Twin Cities, MN

• Options
    have you tried the local boards for MN?
  • Options
    Also keep in mind that MN in September can be anywhere from 90F and humid to 40F and possibly flurries, even that early in the season. The local boards for MSP are here:
  • Options
    Agree with Keptin Stitches. This September has been lovely in Minnesota. Perfect weather most days. And yet two Saturdays it has rained. One of those day my mom was at an outdoor wedding and they left as soon as dinner was over. I don't advise playing that game.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @peterd2 - Check out the Old Log Theater in Excelsior (west side of the cities).  FI and I are getting married there next weekend.  It's great because you can do the ceremony outside and the reception inside and they have a great rain back up.  They are raising their prices a little this year, but still reasonable for the cities.  If you want the whole thing outside check out all the apple orchard in the area.  There is one in Minnetonka (Minnetonka Orchards) that is very nice and already has an event setup.  I looked up a lot of rustic outdoor locations when I was planning so I can give you more if you need them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Washington County Historic Courthouse in Stillwater!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards