Getting in Shape

Less than 6 months

and I want to get slimmer.  I am wearing my mom's gown and it's a size 10.  I wear a size 10 however I think the size 10's now are different then the size 10 from 30 something years ago.  I have a tread mill, an "ab scissor" machine and my kettleworx kettle bell and all the dvds to use.  Is there anything else that I can do to get rid of my muffin top from having my son 12 years ago???/

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Michelle & Ronald
01/03/81
06/18/81
08/25/10
05/07/13
03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
image 40 are party poopers
image 0 awaiting reply
Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.

Re: Less than 6 months

• people say losing weight is about 80% diet 20% exercise...obviously you need to incorporate both but if you're working out every day and then eating chips, cookies, pizza etc. on a regular basis it won't really do anything. Try to focus on portion sizes and calories of your meals & snacks. Good luck lady!

• people say losing weight is about 80% diet 20% exercise...obviously you need to incorporate both but if you're working out every day and then eating chips, cookies, pizza etc. on a regular basis it won't really do anything. Try to focus on portion sizes and calories of your meals & snacks. Good luck lady!

Agreed! I think you should just eat less junk and develop better eating habits. Best of luck!

I barely eat any junk and if I do, it's a handful of cheez-its (which I can never just have a handful...it's either a bowl or the whole box..lol) or pretzels.  I haven't eaten much in regards to junk recently as I just haven't had the cravings for it.  I plan to make up a good eating regimen once I can sit down and make out our menu.  I typically make the menu for the week on Saturday or Sunday.  Between myself, my FI and my son, I need to make meals that we'll all eat.  FI and I are going to start walking and doing some exercising at home.  Hopefully once October 1st hits, all of our plans will start and we'll be on our way....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • hensalleyhensalley member
    First Comment
    edited September 2013
    Our wedding date is the same day.  Bridal sizes run smaller than normal sizes.  I've started using myfitnesspal.com to help track my exercise and food intake.  It helps tremendously because it makes you confront what you really do each day.  It also helps you establish a routine and be consistent.  I have the problem that my dress is too big on top and too small on bottom.  Good times...  Take it one day at a time, stay positive, don't weigh yourself more than 1 time a week, and make up a plan that's sustainable.  For example, if you cut out all sugar, bread, etc. then you're more likely to relapse into bad habits.  Start small and then gradually take more "no-so-great" food out as you become more disciplined.  Most importantly, have fun! Take a zumba class, try cooking with your fiance, etc.  Happy wedding countdown!

Renee

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards