September 2014 Weddings

pastels for a fall wedding?

We are getting married in the fall, but I love pastels. Does incorporating pastels like blush pink make it look out of season? Any suggestions for how to do this?

Re: pastels for a fall wedding?

• I think it could work. have one solid focal color(I'm thinking a dark color) then have the pastels play off of it.

blush pink to me is a hit no matter the season. it's soft and romantic

• Linnn said:

I think it could work. have one solid focal color(I'm thinking a dark color) then have the pastels play off of it.

blush pink to me is a hit no matter the season. it's soft and romantic

I agree! We're using blush pink because it's my favorite color but we're also going with a charcoal grey with teal for a pop of color. I think you'll be able to make it work and it will be beautiful :-) And, check out pintrest for great ideas!

• I would definitely check out Pinterestfor ideas. We're having red, black, and white for our wedding colors which aren't really fall colors (or at least to me don't say 'Fall') so I think you could pretty much go with whatever colors you like.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I think blush pink will work in the fall, if you do it right.  The blush pink and charcoal sounds lovely.  Make sure that your flowers and decorations coordinate with the pink instead of using fall colors.  
    photo a9462148-4aa2-44d9-90ce-7f8b4d94b393_zps20ae9070.jpg
  • muted shades of typical autumn colours will work well. muted yellows, peaches, coppers, golds, latte, greys. just keep in mind some colors are seasonally available in stores and may be harder to come by.
  • anp315 said:

We are getting married in the fall, but I love pastels. Does incorporating pastels like blush pink make it look out of season? Any suggestions for how to do this?

Not sure where you are located but in a lot of places if you are early September summer colors are still in swing! Even if you are later blush pink will definitely work. I love the muted pinks that have come into play lately even though I'm usually not into pink. They are just really beautiful and romantic!
  • I say do any colors that you want! We are having an early September wedding and doing mint and blush pink. You can definitely make pastels work.
  • We're getting married 9/6/14 and our colors are blush and light blue.  I'm with Meechellebelle--you can have whatever colors you want :) 

• I agree with meechellebelle and kyliego! Go with what you want, nobody will ever say " I can't believe their colors were xy!" It's just not what weddings are about!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards