Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

when to book a salon?

when should I start looking to book a salon? My wedding is April 12 2014
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: when to book a salon?

• Options
    It depends on your area and budget. Large metro area with a few top-rated salons? Humongous bridal party? I'd start looking for sure. Otherwise, you could probably hold off for a couple months. I've always heard 4-6 months. 

It's not too early to get quotes or menus from a few salons. 
  • Options
    I think I booked mine about 3-4 months out.
  • Options
    My wedding is May 2014. I asked my salon in July when I should book it and she said I should book it right away because Saturdays are always really busy. I was booking for me and 5 girls though so that probably made a difference. If you're booking just for yourself it will probably be easier to get an appointment.
  • Options

I booked mine 5 months out. Might as well start looking now, the sooner the better! I don't think you could book it TOO early...

• Options
    Ok thanks.yea it would be for 12-15 girls.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Agh, yeah for 12-15 I'd start looking to book SOON. That's a lot of appointments and staff required. 
  • Options

I booked mine probaby 6+ months out. My stylist gets a lot of brides. I also had 5 other people coming  the salon with me to have their hair done so I wantd to make sure there were enough stylists available and we would get a time slot that would work for us. It was good that I booked it that early because as another PP stated, Saturday mornings can book up fast.

• Options
    jessi3617 said:
    Yeah I would book something immediately. You are pretty much going to take up the entire salon for a whole Saturday morning.
  • Options
    jessi3617 said:

You might need to book a couple salon options...
  • Options
    My wedding is next september and I just started calling around.  A few places told me they were starting to get booked but they have a several hair/make up girls so there was still availability.  I know I still have some time but won't wait too long.  I want my girls and I to look our best and I dont want to worry about this detail later on :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards