Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Dress color and accent colors?

I have been visualizing/planning for a blush wedding, with pale pink BM dresses, white and pink flowers, super soft pink uplighting, etc. Nothing crazy pink, but a very light shade/soft touches of pink for a romantic vintage feel.

BM and I found a FABULOUS dress today, which comes in blush, but the store only had it in this mint/blue/aqua color (which happens to be my favorite color!)
http://www.morilee.com/Bridesmaids/angelina_faccenda_bridesmaids/20412

My BM is blonde and looks great in the blush and mint equally, but my MOH (who is out of town and hasnt tried on dresses with us) is brunette like me. I held up another blush dress in the store and this mint/blue one, and the blue really looked better... (my mother also could not stop raving about the blue!)

Im not totally opposed to changing my plans a little, because the blue was so lovely... but I still want most of the decor to stay pink and white.

I'm thinking maybe that color on the place cards or try to tie it into the favors, but I can't think of many other subtle ways to tie it in, (I don't really want the decorations/flowers to have lots of blue)

Is it totally stupid or weird to have the blue dress, but not much of that color anywhere else?

Re: Dress color and accent colors?

• Options
    My bridesmaids wore grey dresses. We didn't use grey anywhere else. It's fine.
  • Options
    I think it looks better when the bridesmaids' dresses colour is one of the colours of the entire wedding.  It might change your whole color scheme, which you have envisioned for a while.  I am sure the pink dresses would look fine on the girls.  But, it's really up to you. 
  • Options
    bakeriebakerie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    I think if you do subtle touches for blue, it'll be fine. You definitely don't have to have it in your flowers. My MOH's dress is dark blue, and my flowers are pink and cream. 
    ETA: That blue is really pretty and I think will look great with blush decorations. 
  • Options
    My bridesmaids are wearing dresses similar to the blue color you're describing. I would say theirs is a little more green than blue. But our flowers are soft blushes like you want. I think they compliment eachother nicely. We are incorporating the blue/green in our centerpieces a little (just putting colored water in tall glass vases with floating flowers/babys breath). I think if you want your flowers and decor to be mostly pink thats fine. Theres no rules :) sounds beautiful.
  • Options
    the color will accent the pink nicely.  Maybe just include some here and there in the decorations to tie it all together.

Anniversary
  • Options
    My bridesmaids are wearing blush and the guys are wearing charcoal suits.  I am not using blush anywhere else except the flat a7 card that the invitation is mounted onto, and the ribbon to tie the invitation set together.  Everything else will be ivory/cream (pearl bouquets/pearl is another part of the theme); so technically at the reception itself, there will be nothing blush but the girls dresses.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Just my 2 cents...If you really want the blush to be "complete" with the other color you are using for the wedding, you can wear a pink sash or headpiece. If you wear a lace up wedding dress, using a pink ribbon for the lace up is a good idea too. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards