Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Catholic Officiant at Heinz Chapel

So it turns out booking Heinz Chapel was the easy part. I am trying to find a Catholic priest to conduct our marriage ceremony. I realize that some (many) priests are unwilling to perform a service outside of a Catholic church, but I know it's not impossible. That said, my childhood priest was willing but unavailable, and the priest at the church to which I currently belong isn't so much willing or available.

Does anyone have any leads on Catholic priests who are willing to perform weddings at Heinz Chapel? I have one lead from a co-worker and another from searching old (2009) board posts, but any other suggestions would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Re: Catholic Officiant at Heinz Chapel

• Options
    There is a priest at The Ryan Catholic Newman Center down the street from Heinz that did my friends wedding at Heinz. I don't know his name but I'm sure you can start by calling there. HTH.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, Lindsay! I contacted them and they don't have anyone who can do it but they referred me to St. Paul's Cathedral. Now I'm just waiting to hear back. It's another step in the right direction, so thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    This is who I was refered to by reception vendor: Rev. Thomas J. Burke.He is the Pastor of the Good Shepherd Catholic Parish
  • Options
    I am sorry your parish priest doesn't want to do it.  Did he have any suggestions?  I am getting married at Heinz with a priest from Duquesne University and I haven't gotten the impression that it mattered that it wasn't a Catholic Church. I just have to write a letter to the Bishop asking permission to get married there.  I know my cousin also had a full Catholic  mass for her ceremony at Heinz.  Maybe ask about priests who are involved in the Pre-Cana program or just call the Diocese and ask if they have any recommendations.   
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_catholic-officiant-heinz-chapel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:d57b783b-337c-45d0-90b9-8b8c073910d6Post:6430740b-367c-42c2-81c8-cf8de35f8bea">Catholic Officiant at Heinz Chapel</a>:
    [QUOTE]So it turns out booking Heinz Chapel was the easy part. I am trying to find a Catholic priest to conduct our marriage ceremony. I realize that some (many) priests are unwilling to perform a service outside of a Catholic church, but I know it's not impossible. That said, my childhood priest was willing but unavailable, and the priest at the church to which I currently belong isn't so much willing or available. Does anyone have any leads on Catholic priests who are willing to perform weddings at Heinz Chapel? I have one lead from a co-worker and another from searching old (2009) board posts, but any other suggestions would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
    Posted by Britt0412[/QUOTE]

Did you ever find a catholic priest to conduct your ceremony? I am in the same position right now! Also did the ceremony take up the whole hour? We would love to fit in 15 to 20 minutes for pictures after! Thanks! Jen
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards