African American Weddings

How would you handle this...

cideficidefi member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited September 2013 in African American Weddings
I just recently became engaged (almost a month now). I do not have a ring as of yet. FH told me what he could afford to spend, and asked me to help pick my ring (I'm super duper picky). Because we live in separate states, we're doing a lot of wedding reseach on the internet. But I have found 4 bridal sets that I really really like within our budget (I'm so excited). I helped to pay for my 1st set years ago. But is it weird to want to help this time around too? He hasn't asked, and I don't want to seem demanding or bossy by telling him that I want to help. But truthfully I am demanding and bossy (I'm working on it. Pray for me yaw. Please pray for me.). I'm not a keep quiet type of chick, but I don't want to offend him either. What do I do?

ring pics below

Re: How would you handle this...

• I partial to one of the rings because its the ring I have and I love it :) 
    you know the mister better than we do.. do you think he would be mad if you offered to help pay for the ring? I think that he would be okay if you helped but I am sure he wants to pay for it on his own. I think that you should just pick a ring that you love and just enjoy :)

hope that helped

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • @LeciaB No he wouldn't be mad at all...in fact he'd laugh and tell me to go on somewhere...LoL. I just know me :-) I am truely a spoiled, anal, control freak brat!!! I gotta have my nose in everything. I thought this planning was gonna easy because I'm in Kentucky and he's in California, but nope he surprised me. He wants to be in the decision making too. So we're doing a lot of internet researching. I even gotta make sample boards so that when he comes home he can see everything in real life...omg he's crazy funny to think about!!!

Anyhoo u ladies have a great and wonderful weekend. I think I wanna turn my phone for awhile.

I think I just went from 4 to 2 choices, but I'll actually choose in the store. And my lady u have excellent taste then if u have 1 of the rings that I picked out....LoL. U have made me very very excited!!!
  • Sounds to me like he can afford it on his own if he told you what the ring budget was. Sooooo... Let him pay for it. You'll be spending enough money on everything else for the wedding anyway. Just my two cents :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is kind of hard. I wouldn't "help" him pay. I think if you find something within his budget- awesome. Let him go on ahead and pay for it. if you find something outside his budget, maybe ask him what he thinks about the ring. he can put down his budgeted money on it, and you'll pay off the rest.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I think you should allow him to pay for ring. If he gave you an budget, try to stay within that budget. Later on when finances are better let him upgrade the ring. Some jewelry companies have a upgrade program. I know mines does. It allows you to go in and trade up on your paid ring. I just did it with my fiance band I had got for wedding. It was not the one I orginally wanted to get him but was what I could get at the time.
    I think he would appreciate you allowing him to do something for you. Make him feel important.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes ladies r exactly right. I'm always telling everybody else to keep calm, to enjoy the moments. Welp I'm going to take my own advice...TY
  • I agree with the ladies just enjoy picking out the rings and let him handle that!!! You will definitely have your control moments when it comes to the full details of the wedding don't stress it

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Great article. Really like it. And now I tell my mother it has been confirmed, I am not a traditional bride-to-be...LoL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards